No announcement yet.

Punctures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have, something sticking out of the verge/muck on the side of a lane holed the sidewall, doesn't exactly fit your criteria but without my spare I would have been a bit stuck.

My 33+alloy may not be light, but neither is the truck so it's unlikely to make any difference to the handling or fuel economy. And for peace of mind I'll carry one.

My spare is a BFG MT the rest are BFG AT, 33's, I'm going up to 35's soon probably get four, sell the part worn ATs on and keep the MT as a spare, not wanting to spend 150/200 quid just to hang off the back. I'll keep an eye out for a cheap used 35 for a spare, a few miles on odd sized tyres would be ok, but wouldn't want to travel too far.

Comment

Never had a puncture in any of my surfs Seen all four wheels off the ground though :P
      ======
      Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

had a blow out in the middle lane of the M6 going north ! as we were down seeing friends the surf was full, so getting the jack out was fun apart from that, no problems

Comment

never experienced a puncture, but was in an old vw lt28 camper conversion on M4 traveling back from essex after festival just catching some z's in the back when it shed a rear wheel!
          Only had my surf 8 weeks no punctures yet

Comment

I've had several rapid deflation's on my Vivaro at speed, loaded with either tools, or products, bit of a cheek clencher first time..
            Front offside tyre, inside sidewall, on a modeo v6 at speed, de-lamination tyre guy said, no problem.
            And a front nearside on beach buggy after clipping a rock, as it turns out it didnt need the air to stay in shape, no front weight.....

Comment

Let's all list our historical punctures... its not like the OP was very specific...

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Punctures on Surfs on UK roads.

I think my first one was on my right arm band. I was five and in over my head....
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Front tyre blow out at speed on my Raleigh 14,I think I was 8 years old
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Jenine, I was 13, she did it in a back garden on the way home from school in Frobsher Drive. I held on for about 15 seconds.
                  Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                    Let's all list our historical punctures... its not like the OP was very specific...

I think my first one was on my right arm band. I was five and in over my head....
                    There is no surf mentioned in the first post of this thread so its quite reasonable for people to think its not specific to only surfs. Especially being posted in the general section, perhaps the mechanical section would have made it more specific.

Comment

Never a blow out or anything just the usual stuff when i had the stock tyres but nothing since i went up a couple of sizes & no problems with nails/wire/stones (touch wood), plent of problems with everything else though
                      The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by andy_enuff View Post
                        Never had a puncture in any of my surfs Seen all four wheels off the ground though :P
                        you only saw them off the ground once you had got out of it as they still were
                        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                        My choice
                        Back off

Comment

Just 2 very slow ones in 12 years.

Comment

First one ever, last Sunday.
                            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Working...
                            X