X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running 35's as a daily drive?

35x13.50's look nice...
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/x4-35x13-5...item43b417a9f5
    I think they'd fit with a little fettling, but is there much difference ride wise from 33's?
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Don't do it, 35"s look out of proportion on a Surf no matter how high it's lifted.

Plus you'll need to re-gear the diffs unless you want 2.4 style acceleration.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Don't do it, 35"s look out of proportion on a Surf no matter how high it's lifted.

Oh!
      Fitted the new (thanks TonyN) torsion bar bolt today, and realised the uprated TB's are pretty much at their slackest. So only got a little less lift on the front.

Imho, the front still looks too "gappy" with the TJM fitted, so was thinking either I need to lose the bumper and put a standard one on, remove the BJ spacers, or fill the arches with some 35's...

Just thinkin' at the moment.
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

They are Micky Thompson clones spend a bit more and get the real thing
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

I think they can look good.

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...ic-thread.html

Totally impractical for a daily driver, mind. Would be like sprinting with sofa cushions on your feet.
          Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
            I think they can look good.

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...ic-thread.html

Totally impractical for a daily driver, mind. Would be like sprinting with sofa cushions on your feet.

They just look borderline caricature to me.
            Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 2 November 2012, 15:15.

Comment

It's OK, because I look borderline caricature myself ...

Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Did have 35's on my last truck and they were ok but slowed the truck down no end. looked ok with a big lift tho: got 31's on at the moment and in my own opinion wouldn't go any bigger than 33" for handling and not wrecking the gearing .

Rob
                The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

35's look ok to me, had them on our Black 3.0 for the last year before selling it, but got annoying to live with day to day, its just another hit to MPG, handling, ride and strain on steering parts that is just a little over the top. As well as clambering in and out and trying to lift dogs or tools in back.

33's are the biggest I'd go for a DD, on a Toy they are ok, but you will generally need 6+" of lift to not rub at all, especially offroad.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    35's look ok to me, had them on our Black 3.0 for the last year before selling it, but got annoying to live with day to day, its just another hit to MPG, handling, ride and strain on steering parts that is just a little over the top. As well as clambering in and out and trying to lift dogs or tools in back.

33's are the biggest I'd go for a DD, on a Toy they are ok, but you will generally need 6+" of lift to not rub at all, especially offroad.
                    I think they are ok,especially now ive fitted rock sliders,much easier to get in and out of.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                      It's OK, because I look borderline caricature myself ...

Ooohhhh, that watch is a bit OTT.

Comment

I like the back bumper on that black third gen...

<<-- Also 33s look pretty good to me
                        More Lift.
                        More Tyres.
                        More Engine.

Comment

I really hope you haven't gone and bought these...

I had a set of 33" Mudzillas, and whilst they were ok offroad (note how I said 'OK' and not fantastic?), they were truly dreadful (as you'd expect) on the road. Steering was vague, noise was VERY high, mpg fell noticeably, and they wore like a #######.

I had another set of wheels and tyres that I planned on using for the daily drive, keeping the Maxxis for playtimes, but it being such a faff I didn't bother. Ended up selling the Maxxis part worn (did I mention they wear out in, like, a week??) and the spare set of wheels, and buying a set of 33" BFG AT's - which are just the best tyres in the world.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            I really hope you haven't gone and bought these...

I had a set of 33" Mudzillas, and whilst they were ok offroad (note how I said 'OK' and not fantastic?), they were truly dreadful (as you'd expect) on the road. Steering was vague, noise was VERY high, mpg fell noticeably, and they wore like a #######.

I had another set of wheels and tyres that I planned on using for the daily drive, keeping the Maxxis for playtimes, but it being such a faff I didn't bother. Ended up selling the Maxxis part worn (did I mention they wear out in, like, a week??) and the spare set of wheels, and buying a set of 33" BFG AT's - which are just the best tyres in the world.
                            Nah, just getting some info at the moment... Can't afford them atm anyway...
                            All my spare cash is going on petrol and lead boots...
                            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                            X