belief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• belief

about five years ago i came to this site as i had just brought a surf,although
    i am a fairly competent mechanic (when morris thousands were state of the
    art) i knew very little about surfs.on a run down from scotland it overheated
    badly,so i asked for advice as it was 2.5 everone told me it was a cracked head, at the time i was still in the trade and it just did not seem to be the head then i noticed the rad cap rubber looked swollen so i changed it.five years later its still running fine. i have read exellent advice on this site however i would advise caution at all times

Well hello to you too ( middle finger emoticon)
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Welcome again. You must have had a lucky escape.

Comment

That was odd wan't it?

Someone who came here five years ago and asked a question without posting has now come back to say the advice he got was wrong.

The advice I've always given (and seen) is change your rad cap and thermostat first - it won't do any harm and might just sort it.

Anyway, this is like one of Vince's thread resurrections but without a point of reference.

Comment

My back window wouldn't go back up and someone on here told me to change the head.
          I think it was MattF.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
            My back window wouldn't go back up and someone on here gave me head.
            I think it was MattF.

That works ?
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Years ago, I wanted a decal of a moonless night doing for my band...

...next thing i know Darkdezigns was banned...

... I blame Judwak. Maybe he spiked the op's commy for yars?
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

FFS ... it was spike your commy...for moths!
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Its not like someone can diagnose your car trouble with 100% accuracy after only reading a couple of lines you’ve typed on the internets! Getting advice and reading up common issues from people who share a passion of the same vehicles is always a help though!

I'd probably still be suffering intermittant cut outs if I didn't ask here!

Comment

I need your personal email address, real ones!
                    Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by chippywood View Post
                      about five years ago i came to this site as i had just brought a surf,although
                      i am a fairly competent mechanic (when morris thousands were state of the
                      art
                      ) i knew very little about surfs.on a run down from scotland it overheated
                      badly,so i asked for advice as it was 2.5 everone told me it was a cracked head, at the time i was still in the trade and it just did not seem to be the head then i noticed the rad cap rubber looked swollen so i changed it.five years later its still running fine. i have read exellent advice on this site however i would advise caution at all times
                      Glad to see you have stuck around and I am sure we all look forward to your next post.
                      However much your initial/last post may have ingratiated yourselves to the forum,I will take offence with your last statement(bold and underlined),I personally think the world would be a better place if all the caution signs were removed.

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        FFS ... it was spike your commy...for moths!
                        %((£*^£))GeORGeCTR%ALT$DEL$#ep ic?*]Sp]ik|\edme\urlpic6^
                        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by chippywood View Post
                          About five years ago, I came to this site as I had just brought a Surf.
                          Although I am a fairly competent mechanic, (when Morris thousands were state of the art) I knew very little about Surfs.
                          On a run down from Scotland it overheated badly, so I asked for free advice as it was a 2.4, and everyone told me it was a cracked head.
                          A
                          t the time, I was still in the trade and I thought that it just did not seem to be the head, then I noticed the rad cap rubber looked swollen so I changed it. Five years later it's still running fine.
                          I
                          have read excellent advice on this site, however I would advise caution at all times.
                          No charge.
                          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 1 November 2012, 00:33.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            No charge.
                            You've missed one Vine...
                            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I always thought it was 'spik your commy for moths'.

Racist, politicist, and lepidopterist all in one go!
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X