2nd Gen cloud of smoke,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gen cloud of smoke,

I have been very pleased with my recent purchase a KZN130. The plan was to use it to launch my boat down in wales (all without any problems)and tow it back at the end of the season. The latter was attempted on last monday. The boat rig in total is 1200 kgs. A long hill was almost behind me when I noticed the oil level had dropped significantly. I also noticed a lot of smoke from the right side of the vehicle, this increased with more throttle, I eventually pulled into the next layby with 1 wheel on the pavement, popped the bonnet and crawled in/under to inspect. Front of the engine was dry from top to bottom the rear was wet with oil from below the rockerbox to the bottom and the chassis was wet allover.
    My immediate thoughts are the oil feed or return pipe to and from the turbo has a break. That part of the engine is very busy and its difficult to see what or where.
    Q. Does anyone have similar experience as to what the cause might be. I would greatly appreciate a heads up before I dig in the wrong direction.
    I hasten to add the engine runs fine and the exhaust burns clean. There is no engine back pressure (no smoke from the oil filler).
    In case you're wondering, my insurance was with an excellent Co who sent me a breakdown truck and 'embarrassingly' towed the boat and carried the Toyota home.
    Surely this cant be serious as Toyota's don't break down.... do they?.

Cheers (a very hopeful) newbie called Rob
Working...
X