Suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions please

I've just ordered my 2" body lift kit (already have the 2" longer spring and uprated torsion bars) so a total of 4" lift. I would like some 33" tyres.
    What is better? 33x12 or 33x10,50?
    I will be fitting a winch bumper once I get the body lift kit fitted so will have more clearance on the front arches. And plan to make a new rear tubular bumper as I bent mine whilst playing in the mud. Also will be making some rock sliders.

Now if I go for 33x12 I presume I will need wider wheels?

What make of wheel is good "value for money"? I'm not overly fused about look as its function over form.

Secondly I am currently running kumho kl71MT's which I am quite impressed with for on and off road use.
    Would you recommend I stick with kumho or try another. The car is used fairly regularly on road but I also like to go to pay and play sites on a bi-monthly basis so need a tyre that will grip I the sloppy stuff.
    Thanks
    Alan
    www.apmautos.com

12.50's need 10 inch rims to make them bearable on tarmac. look on ebay. theres a co in notts do modulars cheap
    Last edited by Wolfracer; 28 October 2012, 22:19.
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Go for 12.5s, way better having the extra surface area in shingle beds and loose stuff.

[/B]
      Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
      12.50's need 10 inch rims to make them bearable on tarmac.
      Ill second that, my 33's are still sitting on 15x7 rims at the moment (waiting to pick up my 15x10s in next few weeks) and corners are horrible
      The side wall just tucks under so far and feels so unstable I have to take corners extra slow for now, 12.5 tyres on 7 inch rims is pulling the side walls in a lot it looks stupid
      Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

brilliant, 12.50's it is then.

now what make? etc

are modulars the way forward?
        www.apmautos.com

Comment

Working...
        X