Cb's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cb's

Just wondering where all you lot have mounted your cb's? (if you use them)

Originally posted by terratology View Post
    Just wondering where all you lot have mounted your cb's? (if you use them)
    Mine is in the cubby hole beneath the radio.

However the aerial is bolted on the swing out rear wheel carrier using the top hinge and the hinge cover plastic trim has been carefully cut and shaped to fit around the aerial mount.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Mine same in cubby under radio but Mag mount ariel on roof

Comment

Mine is in the centre console,

I keep meaning to relocate it to under thw stereo, but I bought a "DIN" kit off ebay and it was rubbish (and not DIN sized) so I'll eithr make my own, or buy a proper DIN fitting radio, with a small forward facing speaker in it.
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Mines in the cubby hole under the radio but I've been looking for some sort of roof console to put it in so I can fit a double din radio, no luck yet!

Comment

Mine is at the bottom of the centre consol. Just behind the gear lever. Cut a neat hole for it sit back nicely. Do need an external speaker though
            www.apmautos.com

Comment

mine is to the passenger side of the gear stick / sideways

Comment

Originally posted by JD_975 View Post
                Mines in the cubby hole under the radio but I've been looking for some sort of roof console to put it in so I can fit a double din radio, no luck yet!
                Make one.

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Make one.

and during build...

Comment

@ apache

Is that tiltometer thing a standard toyota fitment? ie dealer fitted or aftermarket? mine has one and was just curious...

Also, on another note, my patio/bbq is still not done, so the surf and surfless meet is postponed for another year...
                    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I am now BBQ-less now we've moved house, but I intend to plan and build the BBQ to end all BBQs by April...

The 'tiltometer' is actually a genuine Toyota option. Utterly worthless, utterly pointless, but looks good

Comment

I am now BBQ-less now we've moved house, but I intend to plan and build the BBQ to end all BBQs by April...

The 'tiltometer' is actually a genuine Toyota option. Utterly worthless, utterly pointless, but looks good
                        Well I'm sure if you beat me to it, we can get a few surfers together to christen it. And yes, I've yet to look at that display and go 'wow, I'm at 15 degrees!'....
                        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Im in the same boat as most others, they fit nicely under the stereo , and I find it a convenient spot there, although ild love to have a roof box like Apache if I only had the room above my head (im too tall)

it has a use, when the greys on the bottom and the blacks up top, you've done something stupid
                          Attached Files
                          Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

I removed the ashtray in my old surf and fitted the cb in its place.

Comment

I'll not lie, I was gutted that the third gen didn't have a factory "Tilt-O-Meter"

We do get the equally useful field monitor though that tells you temperature, compass direction, and inexplicably that you are moving.
                              More Lift.
                              More Tyres.
                              More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X