Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare parts question

Hi there folks!

Getting ready to order some parts for my 92 2.4 auto from Roughtrax (they seem to supply seals with there stuff ) and with regards to choosing a timing belt kit, has anyone had any issues with using the cheaper timing belt kit that includes idler gear and there water pumps too..

It's just i am doing loads of jobs on her at once so the budget has to be stretched

All parts still look like new but the idler gear has a iffy spot in the bearing and the water pump has the same spot.

The water pump blades look like new but the system itself has been badely maintained..

Thanks for any help!

Cambelt, idler, tensioner and water pump are not things you should save money on. They all can and probably will kill the engine given the chance. Save money elsewhere or save up more.

Sorry for bluntness but has to be said.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

I like bluntness sometimes, straight to the point!

Well after a chat with the parts place, the only difference between the cheaper timing belt kit and dearer one was the use of a Toyota original timing belt, apart from that it used all the same brands to make up the kit.

Spent £190 something on servicing parts and nice big box appeared today, was like christmas for me, even my son joined in opening it..

..and then proceeded to hid the bits round the hose when my back was turned, now i'm sure there was a water pump in there a minute ago!

Comment

"proceeded to hid the bits round the hose". Hmm Tokyo, sure you didn't have a few whiskeys before starting on the job???

Comment

Whiskey, nah but i had several dark rums half way through, so maybe that attributed to my bad spelling!

I meant that as soon as my back was turned, the wee one was of with the parts, hidding them round the house!

My bad!

Comment

Originally posted by Tokyo drift View Post
            Whiskey, nah but i had several dark rums half way through, so maybe that attributed to my bad spelling!

I meant that as soon as my back was turned, the wee one was of with the parts, hidding them round the house!

My bad!
            how many dark rums. hiding them around the house.

Comment

Working...
            X