yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Jeep is gone....but replaced with.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jeep is gone....but replaced with.....

a 1991 2.5TD Intercooled Paj!

Cracking car, 70,000 miles!

Just bought a towbar and a snorkel for it, and it's still cost me less than £1,000
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

For now! MUHAHAHAHA
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
      a 1991 2.5TD Intercooled Paj!

Cracking car, 70,000 miles!

Just bought a towbar and a snorkel for it, and it's still cost me less than £1,000

Yup, the head soon will.

Comment

I knew I could rely on this place for impartial comments on another marque.

It's been checked, and had a new head gasket within the past 12 months....

Having said that, my first 2nd gen had a replacement head, the second one did too, and we've replaced the head on our 3rd gen - so it's not just Mitsubishi heads that can die...

Comment

Having said that, my first 2nd gen had a replacement head, the second one did too, and we've replaced the head on our 3rd gen - so it's not just Mitsubishi heads that can die...

WTF!!
          Have you been on the gripe water again?

Everyone on this forum knows about the Surf's head cracking problems.

So your new vehicle has had a new gasket, that should stop the head cracking then.

What kind of replies were you expecting on a Toyota specific website?

Comment

Pajeros are shite.
            well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Andy ....enjoy .... i can image the same replies if you bought a landy on a jeep forum ..... have fun with it
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Don't worry about it all Andy as i have a L200 now.I've had it just over a year with no problems until Thursday when the balance belt snapped and wrapped around the timing belt causing it to just.The only damage done was 4 rockers broken so not to bad.I should have the truck back again on Tuesday

Although the Mitsi's do have the head problems aswell but they are much cheaper to replace but 8 out of 10 times it is the gasket that blows.
                If it still has the egr fitted then get that blanked off as it is well known that they have caused over heating. wellspacedout on ebay does the blanking kits cheap as chips
                Last edited by stormforce; 21 October 2012, 22:32.
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers - We need to take Nina's 3rd gen off the road for about a month to refurb the brakes, transfer, UJs, etc. so it's good for the next 200,000 miles....and I did try and find a 2nd gen for the same money, but got this for a steal as the guy expected it to be bid over £1,000.....but just got over £700...

It's the 2.5 so not as prone to overheating etc. as the 2.8 but I will check the EGR when I get it back this week, and if not blanked already then it will be by the weekend. I've got a towbar for it for £45, the parts are much cheaper than those for a Surf, and the tailgate is so much better than a 2nd gen.

The main reason for not getting another 2nd gen is that none of the ones I looked at showed the 2.4 head had been done, and I didn't want to risk it.

So - for £723, a £45 towbar and £8.75 on the MPH dial, it's not too bad for a temp vehicle.

Comment

You love it, tis the only reason you posted, just like when you bought the Heep.

I only look after 2 or 3 Paj's regularly, one a previous garage replaced the HG every 12 months for 3 years till I put a new head on it, the other had a cracked head when i first saw it.

They are noisy, slow, leaky and put together in the most amazingly awkward way to work on that you'd think they where French.

They blow, but have nice interiors with lots of gadgets, so appeal to the more superficial type of people.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I do love it - it's the kind of witty banter that keeps me going....and keeps me feeling part of something I was proud to feel part of for a few years with my 2nd gens....

I'll have the head checked again, and I don't care much for the interior, the compass doesn't work, and it's a bit tatty, but it was either this or a 306 hatchback, and that wasn't going to cut it with 5 dogs, a load of cattle food each week and towing the cattle trailer about.

As long as I have it, I'll do what I need to keep it running, then make a decision in a few weeks/months if I want to keep it.

Maybe I'll put it up for sale on here, but I think the add would be banned due to the language filter.

Comment

Charvil's Misses got LWB one awhile ago, they like it lots, and now have a 3rd Gen and Paj just like you, must be catching....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Andy if you need any help/advice on the truck then go to www.l200forum.com
                          the guys over there will help you out and also be able to supply the blanking plates cheap for you i should think.I am on there aswell
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

andy ignore them mate ,,im going to get similar ,its quite slow but gets over the grass and mud like yours ,,oooops sounded same but val said ours is a tortoise
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                              andy ignore them mate ,,im going to get similar ,its quite slow but gets over the grass and mud like yours ,,oooops sounded same but val said ours is a tortoise
                              You are too funny....I thought you were going to tell me it was a lawn mower....

Comment

Working...
                              X