Buying a surf and running on veg oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by terratology View Post
    Who's going to convert it for £1300? Surfs don't need converting, whack 100% veg oil in the summer and in winter add 10% petrol to thin it out a bit. Running on wvo is ok if you can find a supply of good clean stuff. But even then you'll loose about 2-3l due to gunk and whites in the bottom, for more info on it check out http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/index.php
    ditto throw in an inline heater about £25 works a treat

Comment

Originally posted by stevehulluk View Post
      Glad you don't live near my house, my kids on the street mmmmmm it wouldn't be fuel bills you'd be worrying about, It would be funeral costs! Heavy foot driving a 2 ton truck, go Eco mate and buy a push bike or take the bus. At least our kids will be safer, just a thought
      Agreed you need a drag strip not a road,you must be exeeding every speedlimit going.Ihad a subaru liberty that would exeed 60 MPH in 1st gear at 5000 rpm.

Comment

Originally posted by terratology View Post
        whack 100% veg oil in the summer and in winter add 10% petrol to thin it out a bit.
        How are your fuel pump seals?
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Please read post 2#

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
            How are your fuel pump seals?
            For the 7 months I've had the surf they have been fine, the p.o ran it on veg for 3 years. But Fuel pump seals are easy to do its only the removal of the pump that's the fiddly bit!

Comment

buy a surf by all means but dont run on veg oil get yourself a treadmill
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
              X