iPhone car kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone car kit

Was just wondering if any of you have iPhone car kits in your trucks? Been looking at the tomtom car kit as it charges the phone aswell. Any recommendations?
    hi dudes

I'm using a Sony MEXBT3900U which connects to the iPhone via Bluetooth. You can search your contacts from the head unit and listen to your tunes. Back of head unit has a socket for an external microphone also.

For charging I just use the standard Apple cable plugged into one of them cigarette lighter/USB adapters.

I prefer to have my phone sitting free as to mounted in a cradle.
    Last edited by GBV8; 15 October 2012, 22:45.

Comment

Originally posted by GBV8 View Post

You know if Plod has the hump with you that dosn't count as hands free, the phone must be secured somewhere.

I'm not B/Sing, I had to do the 'driver awareness' course a few months back for getting caught driving while on the phone, and was covered there.

Back to the orginal question, I like bluetooth through the car stereo best. no cables/adapters/mods, etc needed, as soon as I turn the key its all starts music/handsfree automatically.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Sounds good, but just a standard Panasonic CD player in the truck, not even mp3 lol. Sounds sweet though, so no plans of changing this side of Christmas
        hi dudes

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          You know if Plod has the hump with you that dosn't count as hands free, the phone must be secured somewhere.
          It's usually in my pocket lol. The head unit displays all the data so no need to handle the phone. I don't listen to my tunes or radio either. The noise of the engine is music enough

The Sat Nav reads out your text messages when it's connected. Usually creates a bit of childish humour.
          Last edited by GBV8; 16 October 2012, 00:03.

Comment

Originally posted by GBV8 View Post
            I'm using a Sony MEXBT3900U which connects to the iPhone via Bluetooth. You can search your contacts from the head unit and listen to your tunes. Back of head unit has a socket for an external microphone also.

For charging I just use the standard Apple cable plugged into one of them cigarette lighter/USB adapters.

On a similar vein, The Alpine headunits with the Bluetooth interfaces do the same, you can also use the iPhone bluetooth streaming and skip track etc from the headiunit.
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Working...
            X