Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terra clean & free stuff

Hi
    dont know if anyone has tried this,but i've just had my surf done and what a difference!,virtually no smoke,quieter,a lot quicker throttle response and a lot quieter too,easier to start also!.i'm based in swindon and had it done at bridge garage in wotton bassett.it was very reasonable @£50 plus vat(£60) and was well worth it,check out terra clean on google first & see what you think!,also i've just fitted some goodridge braided brake hose to my surf so the old rubber ones are going spare(front two hoses are approx 6 months old(found on service on last mot).these are freebies if anybody fancies them let me know.
    andy

CONTACT DETAILS FOR TERRA CLEAN:BRIDGE GARAGE,WOTTON BASSETT
    CANNONS IND EST,WOTTON BASSETT,SWINDON,WILTS SN4 7SP
    (01793)853299.

I'M CHANGING THE FRONT GRILLE TOMORROW AS MINE HAS SOME SCRATCHES ON THE PAINTWORK(NOT MAJOR JUST USIGHTLY),THE QUOTES FOR PAINTING IT WERE AROUND THE SAME PRICE AS A NEW ONE SO I BOUGHT A CHROME ONE FROM ROUGHTRAX,PROVIDED IT COMES OFF OK WITH CLIPS ETC INTACT THATS ALSO GOING SPARE(FREEBIE) IF SOMEBODY WANTS TO COME PICK IT UP?
    Last edited by andykelleher; 15 October 2012, 18:12.

Remember seeing that on Wheeler Dealers a while back. Looked interesting.

I'd turf the brake hoses. Anyone fitting used hoses is mental, especially as they only cost £12 each new.

Comment

My local friendly garage I do body repairs for jas got one of these systems for a month on trial and I can say I've seen it in action ..... And it works . The owner used it on his tvr chimeara and it improved performance and fuel consumption by about 15% . I have actually been offered a free treatment by him and I'm going to take him up on it this week .
      PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Have yet to see any negative reviews from people that have actually had the treatment done on their motors.

Might be worth looking into and have a trek out to Royal Wootton Bassett
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Hi
          I was going to chuck the hoses,but as they are approx 6mnths old I thought they might be useful to someone as an emergency spare if off roading a lot etc,
          The Grille is going spare too if anybody wants it?

Comment

It sounds great but I wish they'd supply some case studies with real world figures - preferably from independent assessors

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Andy/Animal hopefully you'll both keep us updated on the differences you notice over the coming months, as this sounds very interesting, so would be keen to find out what other benefits you notice.

Thanks in advance

Rog

Comment

I've seen a lot of activity on different forums recently RE Terraclean so I've decided to take the plunge and get the Surf done this Friday, I'll post an update after the treatment.

96 3rd gen
                230,000 km

I've tracked my mpg using the "road trip" app since June 2011. I've travelled 28,000 km and my current average is 23.70 mpg. It will be interesting to see if this increases post treatment, I believe Terraclean claim a 10-15% increase.

Before I get this done, does anyone think its a bad idea?

Comment

Well I filled up for the first time tonight and I'm very happy with the results.

On my last fill I achieved 22.19 mpg, my average over 28,000km since June 2011 worked out at 23.67mpg and tonight I achieved 25.17mpg, still awful but going in the right direction. TBH I wasn't too careful with the foot during the week so I really wasn't expecting to see a increase.

My driving is 50/50 national/urban driving. The best I've ever seen on a trip is 30mpg and worst is 20mpg.

1996 3rd Gen Hilux Surf
                  230,000km
                  3.0 TD

I've also included a copy of the interior decibel readings at idle I took before the treatment last Friday, Monday and tonight.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...m9fbk5CM2swOWc

The engine sounds alot smoother and hopefully it will only get better. The Surf is in good shape, serviced every 5,000km and I've also been using diptane. It is still early days but I feel I will definitely get the terraclean service done again.

Last edited by mullinsj; 25 October 2012, 23:57.

Comment

Or....you could put a bottle of Redex in there and consider where all this carbon is supposed to come from and what it's supposed to be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                      Or....you could put a bottle of Redex in there and consider where all this carbon is supposed to come from and what it's supposed to be doing.
                      Maybe you could explain it to me?

Comment

Well, actual fact is post- combustion and nothing. What is supposed to be happening is a mystery to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                          Well, actual fact is post- combustion and nothing. What is supposed to be happening is a mystery to me.
                          Diesel fuels form deposits in the nozzle area of injectors that is exposed to high cylinder temperatures. The extent of deposit formation varies with engine design, fuel composition, lubricant composition, and operating conditions. Excessive deposit accumulation affects the injector flow patterns which in turn hinders the fuel-air mixing process that results in decreased fuel economy and increased emissions and unburned fuel.

Terraclean claim to de-carbonise the engine along with the entire fuel system and exaust.. end result = Increased MPG, reduced emissions and Improved performance

Diptane: .... It removes CCD's Combustion Chamber Deposits and prevent them from forming again. (CCD's) absorb oxygen, increase combustion temperatures and comprise the "wear particles" that scuff cylinder sleeves. It free's up the oxygen and the chamber burns fuel like new. It also removes the wear particle and the engine lasts longer.

I am not a mechanic and I certainty do not claim to be a expert on this, I am simply posting my findings post terraclean treatment for the benefit of people on the site

Comment

I'm not a mechanic either and I only mean to highlight that you are being misled. Cleaning your engine is a good thing but it need only cost a fiver. All of that stuff above is nonsense. Read it again and apply common sense. No technical knowledge required.

Comment

Well like everyone else here you are entitled to your own opinion.. Maybe I am being mislead, maybe I'm not... Only time will tell

I will report back in a few months

Comment

Working...
                              X