Mot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mot

Mot due this wednesday so gave the motor a quick once over,noticed a leaking shock absorber.Off to Milners for a pair,tried to get mine off but no luck,toyota stuck the top mount too far out of the way.So left the car with the mot station,get a phone call to say not one but two broken rear springs.Dont know how long they had been broken but the breaks were rusty.Then he mentioned no rear red reflectors.Yesterday was an expensive day!!!Never known of two broken springs before??

I guess you're less likely to notice 2 broken springs than 1. I had a spring that had completely sheared on the front of my Mk1 GTI cabriolet, but you could see that as the care had a slight slant to one side

Ended up replacing all 4 with shocks, bushes, etc, that was my first venture into replacing suspension, fun and games...

Rog

Comment

Hi Al,
      I have just taken a perfectly good set of std springs and dampers off my 3rd Gen and replaced with uprated ones. They are yours for nothing if you want to arrange collection from Devon.
      My way of getting the top mounts undone is to drill a 6mm hole in the upper damper shroud and put a screwdriver through to stop it turning. You need a long 14mm socket to turn the top nut.
      Has always worked for me so far.
      Cheers,
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X