yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should a 3rd gen SSRV be kitted out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should a 3rd gen SSRV be kitted out?

I'm starting to wonder if the Surf I've bought is really the SSRV it was advertised as. My understanding was that this model is near to the top of the range. I've looked at other Surfs before buying this one and they had a permanent 4WD option (as indicated by the amber dot lighting up on the 4WD dash symbol when engaged) and cabin heater controls which are electronically engaged. My "SSRV" only has part-time 4WD (no amber dot) and the old fashioned heater controls (manual sliding controls). So is it really the SSRV? It's a 1997 3 litre KZN185, 5 speed manual btw.

You've been misled - the SSRV is nearer the bottom of the range but the options available from the factory mean that an SSRV could be built to virtually SSRG standard

SSR
    SSRV
    SSRX
    SSRG

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

The digital-sliders heater control is a year (around 98' I think) thing, not a spec thing.

The part time or multi mode tranny appears all over the place on any models.

As long as you got what you want I would worry about the spec levels, what you get is generally all mixed up and means very little.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

You've been misled - the SSRV is nearer the bottom of the range but the options available from the factory mean that an SSRV could be built to virtually SSRG standard

SSR
        SSRV
        SSRX
        SSRG

You forgot a couple Bob,

SSR
        SSRV
        SSRX
        SSRG
        John Foreskin
        Jack Wolfskin

Obviously, the Wolfskins are uber-rare, as the price on here and eBay has signified over the years. Extras on those include a bearpaw sticker, and, errr, well... a bearpaw sticker.

Plus all of the above can be 'limited'
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Obviously, the Wolfskins are uber-rare, as the price on here and eBay has signified over the years. Extras on those include a bearpaw sticker, and, errr, well... a bearpaw sticker.
          Hahahaha

Comment

Yep, mine is an ultra rare 'Limited' edition, with gold badges and a sticker with Japanese writing on it.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              You forgot a couple Bob,

SSR
              SSRV
              SSRX
              SSRG
              John Foreskin
              Jack Wolfskin

Plus all of the above can be 'limited'
              Ha ha ha, i was puzzled by this until i read about the Wolfskin!

Stick an Apple sticker in the back window and sell it as an iSurf!
              Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                As long as you got what you want I would worry about the spec levels, what you get is generally all mixed up and means very little.
                Looks like you're thinking along the same lines as I am. I bought the car for its reliability, ground clearance and 4WD capability so it suits me down to the ground; the spec's not really an issue. It's nice to know that I've been sold what was advertised, though.

Thanks for all your replies.

Comment

Working...
                X