Land Rovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Rovers

Had to go over to Milners in Darley Dale yesterday,four new ball joints and two adjuster bits,two new rear shockers,Mot due wednesday,hence panic buying.
    On the way back did a detour through the lovely little village of Tissington.At the rear of the village is a small ford(no not a Fiesta)and as I approached the said ford I spotted not one but three Land Rovers in the middle of the stream,apparently the lads driving them were working on the local power lines,the trucks had got a bit muddy and so they were washing the mud off them in the river.As I pulled up alongside two of the drivers stopped washing and came over to admire my truck(yes I know,ho ho ho)anyway very quickly I said to the two
    "Bl##dy useless these landies,three broke down at once,if you tie them all together I will tow all three of you out in one go", many and varied hand gestures were given as I gunned the engine and drove off very quickly,covering them with water as I went.I am sure they took it in good part as I heard one of them laughing as I went my merry way,still its a moment to savour?

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
    Had to go over to Milners in Darley Dale yesterday,four new ball joints and two adjuster bits,two new rear shockers,Mot due wednesday,hence panic buying.
    On the way back did a detour through the lovely little village of Tissington.At the rear of the village is a small ford(no not a Fiesta)and as I approached the said ford I spotted not one but three Land Rovers in the middle of the stream,apparently the lads driving them were working on the local power lines,the trucks had got a bit muddy and so they were washing the mud off them in the river.As I pulled up alongside two of the drivers stopped washing and came over to admire my truck(yes I know,ho ho ho)anyway very quickly I said to the two
    "Bl##dy useless these landies,three broke down at once,if you tie them all together I will tow all three of you out in one go", many and varied hand gestures were given as I gunned the engine and drove off very quickly,covering them with water as I went.I am sure they took it in good part as I heard one of them laughing as I went my merry way,still its a moment to savour?
    Yea i was one of them.....Just kidding!
    I'll keep my eye out next time i'm in Macc for 3 lads driving round in gleaming Landies looking for you. Shame it wasn't recorded!
    Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Comment

Working...
    X