Seatbelts mot fail....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seatbelts mot fail....

Anyone know if the front seatbelts on a 2nd gen will work to replace the rear one...just failed mot and have a spare front one?

thanks in advance! Rob
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Hiya Rob.Hope all is well with you Holli and kids.
    I don't think the fronts will work the rears as the rears are set at an angle whereas the fronts are set straight up
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

worth a go i supose as i have theback dismantled already can't for the life of me remember how to get the back seats down. jack arm out too... sorry Richard still at the garage the mo lol

Comment

oh sod it run out of time guess i will try and get a back one... this month is gettin expensive ...

Comment

Take the seat out, no seat-no seat belt

Comment

Originally posted by JD_975 View Post
            Take the seat out, no seat-no seat belt
            like your thinking! had enough today tho

got a big glass of wine and will see how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
              like your thinking! had enough today tho

got a big glass of wine and will see how it goes
              By the time you've finished the bottle, all will become clear, and really simple.

Let tomorrow's problems remain for tomorrow.

Otherwise, tomorrow you'll be bored and we all know what happens then...
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...obs_Truck3.jpg
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Quick MOT pass: you only need two belts in the back for the test on vehicles of your Surfs age. If one is damaged (retractor knackered or belt frayed) cut it off. It doesn't matter if it then only has one side one and the centre one - it will still pass. Obviously if the back seats are used regularly you. Red to get a replacement. But if you need an MOT now....

....just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by davec170 View Post
                  Quick MOT pass: you only need two belts in the back for the test on vehicles of your Surfs age. If one is damaged (retractor knackered or belt frayed) cut it off. It doesn't matter if it then only has one side one and the centre one - it will still pass. Obviously if the back seats are used regularly you. Red to get a replacement. But if you need an MOT now....

....just saying.
                  Wish i had known that on Saturday......got one on the way now so should eb sorted and fingers crossed they just check the fail points.....they seemed to be very picky on the MOT tho.....

Comment

Working...
                  X