Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chorley - Anyone close by?

Morning folks,

Does anyone live in or close to Chorley? Someone's selling a tyre but its collection only, just seeing if...

A - Someone nearby could collect it
    B - Send it down to me
    C - How much would it cost me to get it sent?

Thanks in advance

Rog

Originally posted by fsaroyster View Post
    Morning folks,

Does anyone live in or close to Chorley? Someone's selling a tyre but its collection only, just seeing if...

B - Send it down to me

Thanks in advance

Rog
    Have a word with Mick MWS as he is around that way.
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Morning folks,

B - Send it down to me

Thanks in advance

Rog

Hey, Rog. I'm in Chorley. I dont mind picking up a tyre, and wrapping it with your name and address on a label. If you want to arrange a courrier I'll make arrangements with you regarding the logistics.
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Cheers guys.

Mick you're a star!

I take it Chorley isn't too big? Just worried it might be the other side as it were.

I'll drop you another message come Sunday if I manage to snag it.

In the mean time I'll find out about getting it couriered down to me, wonder how much your average 4x4 tyre weighs, must be something online about it, don't wanna be spending silly money getting a 2nd hand tyre delivered

Thanks again Mick

Rog

Comment

Cheers guys.

Mick you're a star!

I take it Chorley isn't too big? Just worried it might be the other side as it were.

In the mean time I'll find out about getting it couriered down to me, wonder how much your average 4x4 tyre weighs, must be something online about it, don't wanna be spending silly money getting a 2nd hand tyre delivered

Thanks again Mick

Rog
          Hey, Rog. Just seen your post. It had slipped down a page. Chorley's only a small town, so distance isn't an issue. Let me know what's happening.

Comment

Cheers guys.

Mick you're a star!

Thanks again Mick

Rog
            Hi Rog
            Get in contact with a company called DCS (direct courier solutions) they have picked up and delivered four tyres for me they were also one of the cheapest.
            I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Cheers guys.

I found Interparcel.com the other day and they seem reasonable.

I'm still keeping an eye on ebay, someone's bid on it, so not so hopefull I'll get it that cheap now, but we'll see. In all honesty I was hoping to get the tyre including delivery for no more than £50, maybe I'm dreaming. But its only at £20 at the mo, delivery is looking at either £10 for some poorly reviewed courier called Yodel, or $hity Stink, sorry, City Link for about £17 next day, plus chuck my man Mick £10 for his troubles, takes to me my £50 mark. Brand new they're about £130, so I'd be happy with a half decent tyre for £50, but when you consider one might come up local to me for £20 that'd be a steal

Rog

Comment

Cheers guys.

I found Interparcel.com the other day and they seem reasonable.

I'm still keeping an eye on ebay, someone's bid on it, so not so hopefull I'll get it that cheap now, but we'll see. In all honesty I was hoping to get the tyre including delivery for no more than £50, maybe I'm dreaming. But its only at £20 at the mo, delivery is looking at either £10 for some poorly reviewed courier called Yodel, or $hity Stink, sorry, City Link for about £17 next day, plus chuck my man Mick £10 for his troubles, takes to me my £50 mark. Brand new they're about £130, so I'd be happy with a half decent tyre for £50, but when you consider one might come up local to me for £20 that'd be a steal

Rog
                Hey, Rog. Don't factor anything in for me, mate. FOC to help a forum member........

Comment

That's very generous of you Mick, I was just thinking you'd be able to get yourself a beer or two, if that's your thing.

We'll if I can ever return the favor, or if any of the other members need something down here in Kent I'll be glad to help out

In the mean time I'll just keep an eye on the auction and let you know by Sunday if I get it or not.

Thanks again Mick

Rog

Comment

Mick, I won the tyre, so will pm you the guys address and mine too. Let me know when's best for you to go and collect and I'll let him know.

Thanks again Mick,

Rog

Comment

Hey, Rog. Picked up your tyre. Check your PM's.

Comment

Cheers Mick, you're a star!

First time I've arrange anything to be couriered, the main problem I can see so far is the collection time, looks like the earliest will be Wednesday, but City Link collection is between 9am - 6pm

They require a contact number for both collection and delivery locations, I was going to give them your mobile instead of home number if that's OK with you Mick?

I won't book anything until you confirm you're happy or not with this Mick.

Thanks again

Rog

Comment

Looks like I'm being dumb Mick, I can change the collection time from between 9am to 12am up to 6pm.

So we can go for 9-6 or smallest window is 12-6. Not ideal as you've said mornings are best for you.

Let me know Mick.

Or if anyone else knows of a courier service that offers morning collections they've used and offer a reasonably priced good service, feel free to chip in

Not looking for super fast, the only urgency as such is to get it out of Mick's way, I'm not personally in a hurry, its only going to replace my spare tyre

Thanks again

Rog

Comment

Looks like I'm being dumb Mick, I can change the collection time from between 9am to 12am up to 6pm.

So we can go for 9-6 or smallest window is 12-6. Not ideal as you've said mornings are best for you.

Let me know Mick.

Or if anyone else knows of a courier service that offers morning collections they've used and offer a reasonably priced good service, feel free to chip in

Not looking for super fast, the only urgency as such is to get it out of Mick's way, I'm not personally in a hurry, its only going to replace my spare tyre

Thanks again

Rog

No rush for me, Rog. I've plenty room to store it. It's just that I'm at home in the mornings and working afternoons and evenings ( Driving instructor ).

Comment

Cool cheers Mick.

I'll give City Link a call today and explain that the collection will need to be before midday and see what they say. Don't ask, don't get as they say.

I'll also ask around at work and see if anyone knows of any couriers that are a bit more flexible.

I'll hopefully get back to you today with some news...

Thanks again

Rog

Comment

Working...
                              X