An emotional farewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An emotional farewell

Well she has been sold, I have not been on the forum recently due to work commitments, and I'v moved to Germany.
    So it time to sell the old girl.
    A new buyer via eBay will take delivery on Sunday and she is off to Malta to enjoy the sun.
    She has helped my build my house acting as a delivery truck, also a skip, I threw an old plastic sheet in the back and shoveled building rubble in, saved me a fortune on skip hire.

My Surf has driven past numerous X5's etc stuck and abandoned in snow on a steep hill near where i used to live, the kids would watch as the old girl would effortlessly climb the hill having to drive around the abandoned X5's.
    Been used by my previous employer to get me and equipment to places where no other vehicle they had could.
    Has towed various stuck vehicles.
    Waded through fairly deep water in times of flooding in Belfast. And she still was/is a hoot to drive.

We never fell out when she needed a new head (I had a Range Rover before so big bill were no shock).

I really will miss her but i'll keep dipping back to this forum every now and then for the craic.

Back in the day Baby

You'll get another,

Maybe a nice LHD 4runner?

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Good luck in Germany....have a ltr of Paulaner and a pretzel for me.
      .... Which was nice.

Comment

left hand drive is over rated. lol. and i'm sorry you had to sell it, but you can always get another

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
          Well she has been sold, I have not been on the forum recently due to work commitments, and I'v moved to Germany.
          So it time to sell the old girl.
          A new buyer via eBay will take delivery on Sunday and she is off to Malta to enjoy the sun.
          She has helped my build my house acting as a delivery truck, also a skip, I threw an old plastic sheet in the back and shoveled building rubble in, saved me a fortune on skip hire.

My Surf has driven past numerous X5's etc stuck and abandoned in snow on a steep hill near where i used to live, the kids would watch as the old girl would effortlessly climb the hill having to drive around the abandoned X5's.
          Been used by my previous employer to get me and equipment to places where no other vehicle they had could.
          Has towed various stuck vehicles.
          Waded through fairly deep water in times of flooding in Belfast. And she still was/is a hoot to drive.

We never fell out when she needed a new head (I had a Range Rover before so big bill were no shock).

I really will miss her but i'll keep dipping back to this forum every now and then for the craic.
          Look after yourself, and keep in touch, Peter. You'll get another one someday.........
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

It was a nice beast Pete and it brought a smile to my face every time I spotted it, usually at Tesco.
            All the best for the future mate

Comment

Thanks Guys..I'll pop in every now and again

I'm still amazed a truck built in 1994 has a resale value and will continue to work for a few yrs yet.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
              X