Car Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Radio

Hi, I want to replace the car radio in my 96 surf but can't for the life of me see how to get the old ones out. I have a cassette radio fitted above a cd player but the fascia seems to be one solid piece from the ash tray all the way up to the dash. Apart from dismantling the whole of the dash, is there an easy way of doing it or shall I just pay the extra £30.00 and get the nice man at Halfords to do it. BTW the electrics wouldn't be a problem.

Cheers

Ant.

SEARCH and ye shall find ...

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...=radio+removal

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Brilliant, thanks a million, I knew Halfords were charging money for old rope, I mean £30.00 to fit a radio that they've just sold you and £2.99 to fit a pair of wiper blades!! Honestly.

Cheers

Ant.

Comment

Go to it mate, it's not as bad as it seems. Just be prepared to bit of fiddling to get a really neat installation (I'm a bit anal about that kind of thing, it's got to be right)

Comment

Bought the radio, will go to it on Saturday. Probably not the elusive 5 minute job but hopefully I'll be finished before dusk

Comment

I'm completely mechanically inept and it took me less than an hour !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

All done and no probs apart from the difference in connectors. Decided to ident and solder rather than go back to Halfords to find an adapter.
              Sounding good.
              PS: Is there any way to easily find my old posts without having to search the forum?
              Cheers

Ant.

Comment

Originally posted by ant View Post
                All done and no probs apart from the difference in connectors. Decided to ident and solder rather than go back to Halfords to find an adapter.
                Sounding good.
                PS: Is there any way to easily find my old posts without having to search the forum?
                Cheers

Ant.
                yes look at your profile page and underneath your pic and click on statistics
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Ah great. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X