tyre presures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyre presures

can anyone tell me what tyre presures i need when towing a caravan & fully laiden,as its not in manuals ??

Iv been doing a lot of research on tyre pressures from 25 psi up to 33psi.
    This is because i was still having a poor ride after spending a fortune on tracking and wheel balancing etc.

Iv found that after doing a hundred miles on each pressure ,that 29.5 psi all round gives a much better ride than the 32 psi that most people are running.
    I have 31x10.5 x r15 tyres but my suggestion to you is try a few tyre presssures and find which is best for you. It seems to have sorted my wheel wobble problem too.Dont ask me how but it has and has also knocked my vibration problem on the head too.

If may not work for you but did for me!!!!
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by colsop
      can anyone tell me what tyre presures i need when towing a caravan & fully laiden,as its not in manuals ??
      your tyre wall should state info such as max tyre pressure when cold etc
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by colsop

I run 31 on the Bullet whether towing or not. I've tried various pressures from 27 to 40 (40 was an accident involving a BP service station...) and 31 runs best for me. 27 was a bit wallowy and 33/34 too hard for me. I drop that to about 18 in the really muddy stuff... on BFG A/T's 31x10.50x15.

However, I just checked the 4 runner and that has 29 in at the mo and feels fine - on Khumo M/T's 31 x 10.50x15

All a matter of personal preferance...

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

tyre preasures

thanks. mike66,marky, and linda

Comment

No problem at the end of the day its what suits you & youre tyres the best. just try different pressures to suit.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
            X