Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil spacers fitted..

In about 2.5 hrs...
    I'm well impressed. Deffo reccomend using spring compressors - and an impact gun to wind then in once off the vehicle...
    Only thing that didn't go to plan was the "wellspacedout" spacers were a tad too big for the springs - (mine are blue, so assume they are the uprated/thicker ones?) so had to chamfer an edge to ease their passage.
    Just got to wind down the front slightly and I've got the set up I need.

SEE BELOW FOR PICS
    Last edited by Wolfracer; 22 September 2012, 22:41.
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Where's the pics??

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
      Where's the pics??
      up there...
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

In my clear out I have just put a set of spacers up for sale on eBay!! Did you extend the panhard rod? If not is the rear axle Far out of alignment?
        Last edited by hiroler; 22 September 2012, 22:24.

Comment

Ah found it!! I like it she is looking good!

Comment

In my clear out I have just put a set of spacers up for sale on eBay!! Did you extend the panhard rod? If not is the rear axle Far out of alignment?
            It was spot on before...
            It "may" be slightly biased to the drivers side now, but tbh my 10" wheels I swapped on push the tyres out quite a lot, so not really noticeable, if at all! will have a look tomorrow now you mention it...
            better pics to follow in a mo..
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Before

Compressed spring

After

Last edited by Wolfracer; 22 September 2012, 22:41.
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

One last thing...

44" floor to wheel arch

www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I'm just happy you replaced those rear lights!

Comment

send a link im after some
                    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                      eBay
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Looking good, John. I take it that the vehicle in the pics is LII, with the wheels and tyres off your oil burner? Were the Iron Fly roof rails already fitted, or did you put them on?
                        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                          Make me an offer if you like. Search eBay for hilux surf spring spacers

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                            Looking good, John. I take it that the vehicle in the pics is LII, with the wheels and tyres off your oil burner? Were the Iron Fly roof rails already fitted, or did you put them on?
                            Yup thats LII... I had brand new wheels and tyres for the 3.0 so made sense to swap them over.
                            Iron fly?!? huh? Not seen any markings on the rails but not looked that close yet. They were fitted by Ross or the previous owner but look in good nick. Just need to find a pair of good strong cross member to fit, capable of abuse from ladders and 3"x2"...
                            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                              It was spot on before...
                              It "may" be slightly biased to the drivers side now, but tbh my 10" wheels I swapped on push the tyres out quite a lot, so not really noticeable, if at all! will have a look tomorrow now you mention it...
                              better pics to follow in a mo..
                              Something to watch as the old panhard on mine with lift springs and spacers was pulled a little to much for a bit too long and ended up turning one of the bush mounts oval!.... If I have the old one still Ill compare it to one of my others and take a pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X