Sad day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad day

After much thought we have decided to sell our 1996 Surf and buy a '55 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 auto to tow our caravan. We are going to is the Surf, but whoever buys it will get a darn good vehicle. I advertised it on Autotrader last night and within less than a hour it was sold and that was to the first caller. Had three other calls before 10pm asking if it was still available!
    We would like to thank the many members on this forum that contributed help with a lot of answers to many technical questions. It was a pleasure also meeting some of you face to face over the years. Now we need to find a suitable UK Jeep forum. LOL!

That sold quick!

Did you get what you wanted or did you sell it cheap?

Any photos? Don't think I've ever seen your Surf.

Comment

Sold it slightly below the price I actually wanted, but worked out okay as no hassling and time wasters.
      I have attached some pictures below. New batteries, new exhaust, 4 new BFG tyres, towbar and electrics. A trade bought it off me so any one buying it will get one of the best Surfs on the road.
      Animal has seen it and can vouch for it as he repaired all the scratches etc on it and paint work is first class.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ian,sorry to hear you had to let the old girl go,and you are right it was in lovely condition.Its not the end of the world,you can still come on here and keep in touch,even if you are driving a jeep,all the best, Alan

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
          Ian,sorry to hear you had to let the old girl go,and you are right it was in lovely condition.Its not the end of the world,you can still come on here and keep in touch,even if you are driving a jeep,all the best, Alan
          Thanks Alan. No doubt I will pop in from time to time as one of the few forums where I have met people face to face.

Comment

Just wondering why sell? Unless the deal on the Jeep was too good to pass?
            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
              Just wondering why sell? Unless the deal on the Jeep was too good to pass?
              We didn't want to sell, but the Surf was struggling on some hills with the weight of the caravan which is about 1800kg. A bit embarrassing coming almost to a standstill.

Comment

Hi Ian,
                Well I hope the Jeep is as reliable as the Surf was.
                Bit more power in the newer Jeep?
                Why not a D4-d Colorado, or a LC3 ?

Gra.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
                  We didn't want to sell, but the Surf was struggling on some hills with the weight of the caravan which is about 1800kg. A bit embarrassing coming almost to a standstill.
                  My 3rd gen used to pull like a train with the caravan on the back, a bit lighter than yours at 1300kg.
                  If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by vette View Post
                    Hi Ian,
                    Well I hope the Jeep is as reliable as the Surf was.
                    Bit more power in the newer Jeep?
                    Why not a D4-d Colorado, or a LC3 ?

Gra.
                    Really wanted a LC, but dealers asking high prices for 2001/2 LC plus at 10 years looking grubby although drive train no issue. For same money a vehicle a lot newer. First time in about 25 years we have bought a non Toyota product, however we still have the 1996 Corolla. LOL!

Comment

My 2.7 pulls our 1850kg caravan without any complaints. Haven't tried pulling it up any vertical roads though.

Comment

Working...
                      X