Advice needed please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed please!

I just bought my 1st 4X4, A Hilux,an SSRG Gen3,love the thing and have just about serviced and been through everything on it!,mine has a "wood" trim down the centre console and around window switches on the doors,I was wondering if anybody could tell me if I could get any more of this trim posssibly for around the switches around the handbrake and black plastic in front of the instrument binnacle etc.Also can anyone recommend some reasonably priced places where i can get alloys/tyres combos (not sure what brand of tyres to go for but ideally AT2's or similar),any & all advice appreciated
    Andy

Originally posted by andykelleher View Post
    I just bought my 1st 4X4, A Hilux,an SSRG Gen3,love the thing and have just about serviced and been through everything on it!,mine has a "wood" trim down the centre console and around window switches on the doors,I was wondering if anybody could tell me if I could get any more of this trim posssibly for around the switches around the handbrake and black plastic in front of the instrument binnacle etc.Also can anyone recommend some reasonably priced places where i can get alloys/tyres combos (not sure what brand of tyres to go for but ideally AT2's or similar),any & all advice appreciated
    Andy
    Another new member about to slip through the net....

Welcome to the Swindon Massive

Is the trim "stuck" on? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-HIL...item19d534942c

Tyres choice will probably depend on whether you plan off roading at all or want road grip

I think Camskill do tyre/wheel combos
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Here's another couple
      http://tyresdirectuk.co.uk/shop/prod...(Jap)&id=31189
      http://www.silverlinewheels-tyres.com/4x4/wheels/steel

Ya might get ya AT 2's here if ya Quick
      http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=560

11+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
      Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 19 September 2012, 22:05.
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

A hello would have been nice!

Comment

Nice to see you to Vince

Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            A hello would have been nice!
            HELLO!

"B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Hi Ya
              GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Comment

Tyres

Milners in Darley Dale seem to have one or two decent tyre offers on at the moment,
                and no,I dont work for them

WELCOME,by the way,Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                  Nice to see you to Vince

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                  HELLO!

Comment

cheers

Thanks for all the info guys,will check it out,The interior trim is stuck on,Ithink its standard,Sorry for not saying Hi I was a bit shell shocked having just spent£8o inc vat for the flexi hose from air filter to the inlet manifold from Toyota Swindon,i'd just fitted it & then noticed the silicone replacement on the roughtrax website for under £30!!!,I noticed on the roughtrax site those polybush kits,have any of you guys used them?,are they worth fitting?,Mine is fully serviced & in good order now,refurbing the original wheels,braided brake hoses and a coolant flush and maybe a new rad are next on the list.Has anybody out there had the ally rad & intercooler conversion that Allisport in Gloucester do?Cheers
                    Andy

Comment

A few more vehicle details would be good idea especially for indepth tech stuff.

THe Alisport kit (well all aftermarket ali kit ) is fcukin' expensive .

The 3.0 ? generally don't suffer with lack of cooling (perennial can of worms opened there)

Any particular reason why you want to fit these bits?
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

A Guy I work with fitted this kit to his Surf,he said he had more power better cooling(with electric double fans)and improved mpg,I know the kits expensive but I spent almost a year looking for my surf and now I finally found a good one I plan on keeping it permanently,so modifications to make it more reliable,comfortable etc cost of mods or resale value doesnt really enter into it that much
                        Last edited by andykelleher; 20 September 2012, 18:23.

Comment

A Guy I work with fitted this kit to his Surf,he said he had more power better cooling(with electric double fans)and improved mpg,I know the kits expensive but I spent almost a year looking for my surf and now I finally found a good one I plan on keeping it permanently,so modifications to make it more reliable,comfortable etc cost of mods or resale value doesnt really enter into it that much
                          Fair enough,although some may debate whether you will actually see any mpg improvement over the viscous fan setup.

The electric fans ,especially if close to rad may cause issues if you plan on off roading and you encounter water,as the water can cause the fan blades to be driven into the rad core.
                          Would be worth getting the underneath waxoyled? or similar

If you really want more power then you really need to speak to Bushwhacker.

Glad you are looking at the long term.
                          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys,will check it out,The interior trim is stuck on,Ithink its standard,
                            If its stock its printed, not stuck on. Factory 'wood' look is the radio surround, the gearlever surround and all the window switches.

You don't get the handbrake surround, thats black.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                            X