Brawn instead of Brains sometimes works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brawn instead of Brains sometimes works

Well, as I finally had time to do the starter motor, I thought I was on a roll and decided to take a look at the rear electric mirror that has never worked since I've had it, just a click from the rear spoiler.

Anyway, removed the spoiler (6 bolts (2 underside, 4 on top)).
    Took apart the spoiler, must have been about 10-12 bolts, and voila there was the shiny motor in all its glory. Removed the small inspection plate to the gearing mechanism, and that was fine. The grease looked like it had never been moved.

Continued to try and hold the spoiler and connect it to the connector ( about 2-3 inches of slack )pointing out of the roof...............ah!?, hold on, only got one pair of hands.

Call the missus out from doing the cooking and tell her to repeatedly press the mirror button on the console...........click, click, click....nothing

Time for some deeper investigation..........I know hit the motor with a screwdriver..........whirrrrrr rrrrrrrrr......away it went. Mirror moving in and out just like the first day it was manufactured, I'm now a happy bunny, and now the missus thinks i'm the dogs danglys, cos I fixed the starter and the mirror

Boring it all went to smoothly, you mean you didn't break or lose anything.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Call the missus out from doing the cooking and tell her to repeatedly press the mirror button on the console...........click, click, click....nothing
      Meanwhile flames coming out of the kitchen door LOL
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
        .......and now the missus thinks i'm the dogs danglys, cos I fixed the starter and the mirror
        Isn't it normally the custom for the dog to loose his danglys when when he first goes into a home ?

Better get worried Fieldsy !!!
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

It was coincidence..... all the while you were wondering what to do, standing there holding on to spoiler unable to scratch your dangly bits (it's how blokes usually think)... your good wifey was still pressing the button which of course freed the jammed mechanism..!!! just at the same time you clouted it with a screwdriver......

A birds eye view.....
          Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
            Boring it all went to smoothly, you mean you didn't break or lose anything.
            nope, sorry Koi m8, nothing lost, dropped or broken.

Meanwhile flames coming out of the kitchen door
            I'll tell ya about the flames later, but it wasn't from the kitchen, lets just say, when I did the starter I inadvertantly removed the positive terminal from only one battery

It was coincidence..... all the while you were wondering what to do, standing there holding on to spoiler unable to scratch your dangly bits (it's how blokes usually think)... your good wifey was still pressing the button which of course freed the jammed mechanism..!!! just at the same time you clouted it with a screwdriver......

well, I suppose you could be right, but as she was so impressed with my starter motor skills, she offered to scratch the danglys , while I had a think, this made me jump with surprise which in return set of a chemical reaction in the brainbox which made an uncontrolable reaction of my left arm, which, while holding the screwdriver, clouted the motor and got it working

Comment

Working...
            X