Mot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mot

Just had the Surf Mot'd, just a track rod end offside which is quite badly worn. Am I right in thinking you count the number of turns when you remove, and thread the new one on the same number ?

What i did was part with the wheels straight ahead, tp out one track end and thread in the new one till it just drops into the control arm nicely with out haveing to move the wheel, just turn and check and so on till it goes in with no trouble and you wont be far out,
    i've also in the past cut a slight hacksaw mark up against the sleve and then transferred this to the new end and wound it in up to the mark, if your very carefull you may not even need to get the tracking adjusted afterwards,

if they've been removed and you lost the adjustment (like i did once) what i did was get two straight lenghts of 2" x 1" and fix em to each front wheel so they stick out fore and aft of the wheel, fit the track ends and adjust til i got a matching measurement fore and aft from wheel to wheel, if you get what i mean
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thanks Ian. Ordered from RT, Seems very good value from them, Ta Mate.

Comment

Your welcome Dave, just ordered a couple of bits myself from RT, seems i've been missing a thrust washer on the n/s, prob account for the bearing exploding!!, silly old sod! i shouldn't be allowed near machinery, must have left it out last time, also finaly ordered the bl00dy box spanner to make things easier
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
        X