Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waxoyl your bottom

have been advised to waxoyl the underside & chassis etc etc

does everyone do this or is this another way of extracting money from a surf owner.

cheers
    NO MORE TRUCK

Originally posted by thumper
    have been advised to waxoyl the underside & chassis etc etc

does everyone do this or is this another way of extracting money from a surf owner.

cheers
    No it's not a con. Japanese cars are not well undersealed - just painted with chassis paint, as they don't use salt on the roads. Waxoyle or any other underside protection is an investment well worth making. Alternatively you can wash and dry the underneath of the car every time you go out in the winter.

As an alternative to Waxoyl, Dinitrol is very good, I've got all the bits to do a 3 stage protective coat on mine - Rust converter, then waxoyl like stuff then paint on black rubberized coating. Going to do mine with a spray unit attached to my compressor.

Cheers

Comment

waxoyl

thanks - that makes sense

will get that done before the winter.
      NO MORE TRUCK

Comment

waxoyl

Crikey...more things to do, the BEAST is currently recieving LURVE from Dennis the mechanic, recommended here. Something else for his list!

Any more dirty jobs you can think of, let us know - he may as well do everything while he has got it!

Yeah - I would love to be doing it myself but we don't have a drive, neighbours wouldn't take kindly to SURF entrails all over the pavement.

...and you haven't seen how long my nails are

Naomi
        Naomi
        AKA - Mamadwyvin
        www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

The ultimate dirtiest job to do on your SURF is get it dirty offroad, also break the foglight off while youre at it as its MANADATORY.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

used to be a company that advertised in landrover mags did a spray on coating on the underside - used to be a grey/blue colour in the ads - works a bit like teflon as well as mud flies off.sure they did a test once in one of the mags - on a very muddy comp safari course - only needed a hosing down after to shift it all (plus it didnt have to carry 1/2 a ton of mud round the course in the first place!)

sure they only reccomended it for new(er) landys with no rust - hopefully your import will still be like new!

wasnt cheap tho'!

HTH

take care

Chris

Comment

Working...
            X