Tamla Motown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamla Motown

Not surf, related but I am sure someone on here will help.

I am trying to find a song by the Supremes,it may even be from the days when they were called The Pippettes(or something like that)the song was

"But I love you more"

Anyone got access to a copy I would be grateful,

Thanks in advance

It was by by The Supremes and is on the album 1970-1973: The Jean Terrell Years.

If you use Spotify it's listed there

Comment

Tamla Motown

Alex,David, thanks for that,just had a p.m. from someone stateside to say they believe its only available on a compilation l.p. at about £60,will have a look in Boots tomorrow,thanks again,Alan

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
        Alex,David, thanks for that,just had a p.m. from someone stateside to say they believe its only available on a compilation l.p. at about £60,will have a look in Boots tomorrow,thanks again,Alan
        Its available on Itunes as a single track if that helps ( 1 dollar or equivalent )
        Сви можемо

Comment

Or on their first album 'right on' if you have a record player - £8 on evilbay
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

@ Bogus... please don't delete posts assuming what i posted was right. I just did a quick search of Spotify, which I was using at the time and that was the album that appeared first!

From memory you were correct according to Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_O...remes_album%29

Comment

Not surf, related but I am sure someone on here will help.

I am trying to find a song by the Supremes,it may even be from the days when they were called The Pippettes(or something like that)the song was

"But I love you more"

Anyone got access to a copy I would be grateful,

Thanks in advance

Hey Al. If you want it on Vinyl, It's the "B" side to "Everybody's got the right to love.".I think It was one of their post 60's recordings rather than their earlier stuff......

Just an additional FYI for you Al. The original Supremes were a "sister" group to the original line up of the Temptations, who were initially known as The Primes. The girl group, who went on to be called The Supremes were originally The Primettes.........
              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

In the States, Tamla, Motown, Gordy, Soul, Anna, Ric Tic, V.I.P etc were all seperate Barry Gordy labels. In this country, Everything come out on the one label. Tamla Motown. U.S issue singles sometimes had different "B" sides. Your Stateside contact may have only been looking for your song released on Motown (The Supremes label)., Hence his price quote. Everybody's got thge right to love isn't rare, or collectable over here, and I wouldn't be suprised to find one for 20p at a car boot sale....Happy hunting Al........

Edit. ...Just had a look on this site

http://www.broadwayboogaloo.co.uk/boogooA56.htm

The issue serial no you're looking for is TMG747.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by MWS; 13 September 2012, 12:23.

Comment

Are you looking for this in MP3 if so i can e-mail a copy to you
                  1993 SSR-G 3.0TD KZN130

Comment

AL you have PM....

Comment

Hey, Al. P.M'd you back.

Comment

Working...
                      X