my little buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my little buttons

Yo peeps, need a wee bit 'o' help, the small red button in front of the auto gearbox lever with some jap writing on it, what is it for? oh & the button next to the handbrake (ECT) what is it for & any ideas where to get a handbook for a 3rd generation 3ltr TD and if anyone can help i am still trying to find a rear roof spoiler, they are like hens teeth those things, i saw a real nice one in what seemed to be a smoked finish polycarbonate, it was the dogs, but never got to see the owner to find out where they got it, bummer!!

Ciao for now of to put a new sticky tyre on my motorbike for a track day at Croft, yippeeeeeeeeeee
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy

i think the red button is so you can move the gear lever while the engine is off, makes it easier when fitting a new radio and stuff.... but i didn't find this out till after i fitted my radio!!! the rest of the info is on the forum somewhere ECT is for extra power or somethin, but i'd check. i'm just answering cos i'm bored SORRY.oohh have you got a motorcross or something? i love bikes, just done my CBT, waiting to do my theory, wanna do my test next year. sorry rambling now.......
    lets go get dirty...

Comment

Thanks Shelly, aye you were starting to ramble a bit......... i have an Aprilia RSVR which is a 1000cc twin, used to do a lot of motocross but generally stick to tarmac now (read older/sore joints etc.!!), good luck with your test, motorbikes are a buzz , but just take your time & work you way up, to many peeps buy daft 190mph bikes as soon as they pass their test, i am sure i don't need to tell you the outcome......good luck dude.

Comment

ECT = electronically controlled transmission, automatically controls the rev's / gear changes for best results, economy etc. think it only kicks in at around 40/50 km-mph (?)
        i bought my 3rd gen a few weeks ago & got myself a manual off ebay for £20, priceless for letting you know "what's this button do".
        i wouldn't mind a rear spoiler too, price permitting of course (HOW MUCH !!!)
        [SIZE=5]ANDY[/SIZE]

[U]HOLMESDALE EAGLES[/U]

Comment

ECT button will hold in each gear for a bit longer. Excellent for long hills and towing... also beating idiots away from lights!!!! it can be done!!

Dunno 'bout manuals for 3rd Gen, mines a 2nd.. happy motoring...

Wish I had a bike, especially in London traffic.. Did my test ages ago. 3 days from CBT to test... but didn't have the money to get the wheels...
          Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

thanks peeps

Will check out ebay for manual & will let you know if i find a rear spoiler supplier, Helen, good on ya, get yerself a bike, life is not a dress rehearsal, you only get one crack at it, so as Nike would say "Just Do It", beg borrow or steal if you have to, you will never look back, when you do, head for Scotland, best biking roads in the UK, get yerself sorted for next summer gal!!

Comment

My mate took his motorbike up when he was working in Scotland, said it was fab. My only experience of driving in Scotland was crashing on the A75 near Kirkudbright......!!!! not too far from you .... Ex Boyfriend had a Fireblade for a while , too big for me, feet didn't touch ground, only time I had a go, nearly put it through back of garage wall !!! Perhaps somethig a little smaller,,,

Happy Surfing !!
              Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Crasher.............

Oh dear, hope you were OK, Kirkcudbright is just along the road from me about 20 miles or so, i am in a place called Newton Stewart.
                I have had a couple of Fireblades in the past, my wife has an ER500 Kawasaki which is a great little bike with a low seat & perfect for a first bike, worth trying if you ever think of getting two wheels (far more fun than the Surf.....incoming!!), i quite often take her bike out to remove some more of the mainstand scratching on these cracking roads round here, sparks everywhere, she is quite handy on a bike herself mind (read ...mad), anyway two wheels are far more fun, so "Just Do It".

Ciao for now

Iain

Comment

Working...
                X