Its been a busy day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its been a busy day

As some of you know the turbo failed on the truck. My rebuilt turbo turned up yesterday so I cracked on and fitted it today . While it was all apart I replaced the oil feed and return pipes even tho mine weren't leaking it made sense as it was all apart. I also flushed the cooling system,replaced the thermostat and filled back up with genuine Toyota green coolant . Changed the oil and filter ,repalced both rear droplinks and cleaned and adjusted my rear brakes ,and gave the rest of the truck a general once over
    I'm totally knackered time to sit down and have a well earned curry and beer me thinks
    Always up to my neck in it

How much did it cost to get your turbo overhauled need to get mine done and after an idea of cost?

Comment

Nice work. How did you find doing that job, tricky?
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Hi Mark my turbo was done by I.T.S Turbos I have used them many times for turbos on customers cars and has always been happy with there work, they quoted 175 to 450 to do my turbo if it was repairable . Mine unfortunately was not repairable I had a feeling they would say this it really was totally knackerd so they fitted an entire new core which cost 520 inc vat I know its a lot of money but I see it as a good investment as I have no intention of getting rid of my truck . Tony changing the turbo on a 1kz-te is Damm fiddly .it is doable tho just had to take my time , think it took me about 3ish hours to do it including stop for food and a few cuppas . Having a body lift definatly helps as is gives you more room to work through the arch . Doing to the oil feed and return is also a good idea while you have the turbo off aswell is it is completely exposed and takes only a few minutes to remove and replace
        Always up to my neck in it

Comment

Hello Ezza24

Well done fixing your surf!

I think I have the same trouble...

I was out yesterday, drove 70 miles perfectly, but on the way home I noticed that my legs/feet were getting hot? Then I heard that my turbo seemed twice as loud as normal and my surf seemed under-powered? When I was almost home I put my foot down a bit and there was a rattling noise, as if gravel was flicking up under the front drivers wheel?
          I have noticed a bit of oil under my surf, when I changed the oil and filters a couple of weeks ago, it could have been coming from the turbo area?
          Is this the same trouble as yours?

I cant spend the same as you did to get my turbo repaired, how much is a second hand one going to cost?

Thanks for any help, Stuart.

Comment

Working...
          X