NLGI No.1 grease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLGI No.1 grease.

Anyone seen this or know of a brand I can search for ?

Thanks,
    Rob.

(Bronze bushes if you were wondering.)

Google found this

Unfortunately not found anything in the UK other than this and these
    Last edited by Growler; 31 August 2012, 22:59.

Comment

Thanks for trying mate.

I'd been googling for about 1/2 an hour before posting this thread and the best I could find was this.

However I just need an eggcups worth

Will try Earnest Doe on Monday.

Cheers,
      Rob.

Comment

I got mine of Ebay a few years ago for my moving parts on my outboard stern tube, It was branded by Unipart.
        Have you tried ship chandelers or mariners. ?

Comment

Had a quick search and have found a few marine products that look viable - thanks for the heads up Webbo.

Comment

Not knowing the brands available over there I can't help much. One thing to check though is if whatever you get has any Extreme Pressure (EP) additives in it. Some of these eat bronze and other yellow metals.

Nev

Comment

Interesting - Thanks Nev.

I might end up just using the no.2 Moly grease that the manual says to use on the driveshafts. Will check the specs of that tomorrow.

Comment

What wheel bearing grease do you use? I am pretty sure I used the same grease I used for the bearings on the bushes when I had mine apart to do the boots. That was a long time ago now and bushes never complained.

Nev

Comment

Hi Nev,

I use Comma NLGI no.2 lithium grease in the wheel bearings, 'normal' stuff that you would use in most wheel bearings.

It seems the guys on yotatech are pumping the hub spindle full of normal grease, or moly with no problems.

Thread on Yotatech.

The closest stuff I've found so far spec wise seems to be white lithium grease, but I can't find it in a No.1 consistency.

I'm leaning towards this stuff.

Cheers,
                  Rob.
                  Last edited by wishbone; 2 September 2012, 11:00.

Comment

Working...
                  X