Lift kit Suspension sag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift kit Suspension sag?

Hi Folks, I'm not sure how many of you are running lifted 3rd gens and have lived with them for a while with lift but here goes...

My 3rd Gen is fitted with the following:

Roughtrax 2" suspension lift kit (springs and Monroe shocks)

Daystar 1.5" Spacer lift kit, front and rear

4Crawler 1" body lift (with bumper lift, steering shim etc)

33s (ok, well 285/74/16)

When I first fitted the suspension it was tall and rock rock solid, unbearably so, I moaned on here about it, no one else seemed to have had the same problem... almost exactly a year on it now rides pretty well, but recently the front wheel extensions have started catching again...

It is now sitting a fair bit lower, especially at the front, to the point that the jack setup I usually need to get the front wheels off the ground no longer fits underneath, I'd put it at a drop of over an inch, maybe an inch and a half from the "settled" height.

1. We all know springs sag, but has anyone had this much sag from an aftermarket kit, when a year old? - I'd say from its settled height, (taking into account that it drops a bit in the first month, the rear was on the shock top stops at first!) it has dropped more than an inch - an inch and a half.

2. long shot but is anything else likely to have happened to make the wheels rub more that people have heard of happening? Originally they seemed to catch the front lip of the arch extension more, not they are catching the back, especially on the passenger side. I've heard stories of body mounts shifting, or brackets bending (I guess that is why later ones have 8 mounts?) It does seem to be worse after a recent off-road excursion, that involved taking off a bit... I just assumed the springs have just sagged more, quick visual inspection and everything looks in place, nothing looks bent. (also body mounts wouldn't explain the jacking height, on the chassis...).

Any ideas please folks?
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

my rear lift doesnt look quite as high as it did a year ago. Roughtrax kit, like yours. much better than the saggy original though. I think RT had the 3rd gen springs specially made in sweden - perhaps we've got teething troubles? - talk to barry at RT.
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Cheers Andy...

It wouldn't be an issue if I didn't have 33s!

I pulled it all apart yesterday, everything seems straight, apart from a knackered roll bar linkage..
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

Working...
      X