• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change in law

this is going to cause a problem

http://www.the-ace.org.uk/armageddon/
    SWIFT AND BOLD

I'll say! The whole idea is ridiculous. As long as the necessary safety precautions are taken and relevant insurances adhered to, we should not be dictated what we can do with our vehicles. ###### nanny state run amok once again!

Comment

This can't really pass can it ? not only would so many owners of modified vehicles suffer but so would the many tuning company's this is such a bad idea
      Always up to my neck in it

Comment

I wouldn't really worry too much unless you've chopped sections out of the chassis or fitted a stupidly high body lift.

They are trying to regulate items such as weld on sliders though because technically it's a chassis modification and will require a SVA type test.

Comment

Thanks for the info Vince will this affect your engine conversions ?
          Always up to my neck in it

Comment

Originally posted by ezza24 View Post
            Thanks for the info Vince will this affect your engine conversions ?

I don't think so as I don't actually alter anything other than change the engine and gearbox, everything is as factory, even the engine and gearbox mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              I don't think so as I don't actually alter anything other than change the engine and gearbox, everything is as factory, even the engine and gearbox mounts.
              I thought you had to modify the engine mounts for the conversions? Anyways, it looked to me that anything other than factory standard equipment was going to be against their regulations. They do mention something along the lines of 'original specification'.

DM

Comment

As it's worded at the minute it will also include ANY vehicle that is altered from standard! Including All engine, gearbox, suspension, steering basically anything that isn't TUV approved and fitted by the manufacturer! That will also screw any form of offroad vehicle as the drivetrain and tyres are first thing to be changed, under the new proposal unless they were fitted from standard then it's a deviation from spec so not allowed! This has been fought by the motorcyclist's and kit car builders since 1979 and it hasn't stopped yet! Be warned it's going to get worse if this crap goes through..
                As far as comments go, If you don't think it applies then ignore it! If you aren't sure fight it! OK i'm finished.
                I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

I won't happen, there's too much revenue to be lost from the after market accessory industry.

Comment

Just think of all the companies that would cease to exist.
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

ACE are a bunch of scaremongering loons. the sooner they shut the fcuk up the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
                        ACE are a bunch of scaremongering loons. the sooner they shut the fcuk up the better.
                        Don't hold back now
                        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Thanks for bringing this to us.
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Not happening anytime soon.......http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=26260

Comment

Working...
                            X