biodiesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biodiesel

hi this is my first time on here but owned my ln130 for 9 years now.
    just want to let all my new hilux friends about a lad selling biodiesel in newcastle for £1 a litre, im going tonight for 30 litres to try it out and will inform everyone if my truck likes it.

Be VERY careful what you put in your tank and where it comes from!!
    For more info on horror stories regarding bio-deisel use the search button

Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Bio Diesel

I am so tempted to use biodiesel. Theres a company in Halifax which sells it, they even have the test certificate upto show the chemical content of each batch made.

But I wondered with all these biodiesel depos whats to stop them buying diesel from a main stream place like Shell or BP or however sells it and then having that tested and showing the certificate for that and selling old chinese chip fat thats been in the fryer for 8 months mixed with ceroseane.

I'm just very wary!

Comment

Try a small amount first!!!
        Buy a gallon in a container, pour some into a clear plastic bottle and leave it alone (with the lid on) on a window cill or similar.
        If it seperates into odd looking layers stick a photo up on here!!
        Alan
        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

biodiesel

been and got the stuff its a red-yellow colour and smells like vegy oil and about the same thickness so me and my cousin are going to see the seller tomorrow.
          biodiesel is supost to be clearish like diesel isnt it, is there any way i can test the stuff ?
          thanks for all your help

Comment

New Veg oil 99p per ltr in our local shop...got to be safer and 1p cheaper..
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

nah! just need a few of these
              the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Wise word from our Tintin n even better Advice from Overland Tonka if ya not sure of ya Bio-diesel proof... n yes ya can get it Tested/Verified, just can't remember where on the forum it was mentioned ....

Be careful out there with what's "so called Biodiesel" there's been some sad tales of folk, their Trucks n what was purported to be Bio diesel.

Do a search I'm sure you'll find it !!

11+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

so what goes wrong with dodgy bio diesel?Ii thought the diesels would run on virtually anything that would ignite........?
                  "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                  www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Here's a starter
                    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...ight=Biodiesel

Buncefield Burner

Comment

n here's another
                      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34689

Buncefield Burner

Comment

biodiesel proses

hi everyone thanks for all the info ,im going to the biodiesel warehouse to watch them make the biodiesel from scratch somewhere in durham ,the lads name is steve ho and the company is green diesel solutions website is greendieselsolutions im going to take photos and post them asap cheers all

Comment

Originally posted by bravo View Post

hi everyone thanks for all the info ,im going to the biodiesel warehouse to watch them make the biodiesel from scratch somewhere in durham ,the lads name is steve ho and the company is green diesel solutions website is greendieselsolutions im going to take photos and post them asap cheers all
                          Hope it works out ok for you...

I can post pictures of my 99p shop if anyones interested...
                          .... Which was nice.

Comment

Biodisel

Most decent companies who produce biodiesel have independant lab certificates for each bulk batch made conforming to the relevant EN standard.

I have used over 50L now and no problem at all.

Comment

Working...
                            X