Polishing mops at the ready...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing mops at the ready...

Got some potential bling for the truck A set of shogun wheels.
    Bargain off eBay £51
    the original idea was to fit muds to them and keep them for when I get all "off road"
    But having had the chance to have a good daylight inspection I think I may now be looking at taking them back to bare alloy and starting again.
    The design of the wheels lends itself to the scooped part and the ribs being a different colour but not the colour that mitsi originally did.

I am thinking scooped parts the same black as the truck and the ribs polished alloy.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

That colour idea sounds a bit halfords, I personally would go full black, black wheels on a black surf look the business
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
      That colour idea sounds a bit halfords, I personally would go full black, black wheels on a black surf look the business
      No they don't, thats the boring and easy option or for people who can't be arsed to clean their trucks.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

which wheels shokenore?

These ones?
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Yes John
            Those are the type
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                Yes John
                Those are the type
                They are a very nice clean design to refurb... I reckon it wouldn't take much to get them looking like new, if there's not much pitting.
                Looking forward to seeing the results
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                  They are a very nice clean design to refurb... I reckon it wouldn't take much to get them looking like new, if there's not much pitting.
                  Looking forward to seeing the results
                  Not the best of photo's but more than happy with the condition of the rims ,no chips or scratches only a little bit of laquer damage and even on the inside they are pretty good.

just really got to confirm the colour scheme but Black and alloy are winning at the mo'
                  BTW what size tyre is in the pic and was that using a wheel spacer .I like the way the wheel/tyre combo works in the wheel arch.
                  Attached Files
                  Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I like those wheels....good buy..
                    .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      He he..my 16x8's :
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                        He he..my 16x8's :
                        Nice, similar to Borbet alloys.

They would much better graphite or gunmetal grey with a polished lip though.

Comment

Not the best of photo's but more than happy with the condition of the rims ,no chips or scratches only a little bit of laquer damage and even on the inside they are pretty good.

just really got to confirm the colour scheme but Black and alloy are winning at the mo'
                          BTW what size tyre is in the pic and was that using a wheel spacer .I like the way the wheel/tyre combo works in the wheel arch.
                          yep thry have wheel spacers in that pic...30mm ones i think they were... ive sold them on kow. tyres were 32x11.50's. tbs were wound up and new springs and coil spacers iirc. body lift came later...
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Well this is gonna take some time ,I have killed one wire wheel already and that is only on the first wheel.

Back to the dust mask....
                            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Well this is gonna take some time ,I have killed one wire wheel already and that is only on the first wheel.

Back to the dust mask....
                              I stripped the paint / laquer off mine with a fairly rough sand paper, then went back over with 2 finer grades and finished with wire wool. Works quite well.

Comment

Working...
                              X