Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing decals!!!

Hi

I have ssrx decals and surf decals all down my doors all torn and old.Decals are not my cuppa tea whats the best way to remove them without damaging the paintwork?

cheers
    GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

sorry just found this

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21894

Comment

A caramel wheel worked best for me. Scraping and heating was much more laborious and potentially more damaging.

Comment

cheers mate im gonna try one

Comment

I know nothing about "Caramel Wheels" but after reading this thread searched google and it looks like someone had the wheel spinning too quickly and burned the paint so be careful.

Linked
          Last edited by Balllsy; 19 August 2012, 01:59.

Comment

Yes they do get hot, but it's easy enough to keep the wheel moving across the surface. Also make sure you have a corded drill or a good lithium cordless one as it takes a while! And as Ballsy said, don't use it on high speed.

Comment

How quickly do the wheels ware down Lyndon ?

Comment

Good quality hair drier and asbestos fingers got mine off... then just used a little autoglym "intensive bug and tar" remover to get rid of any residue.... I think "uPVC cleaner" would work the same, just seems to be a solvent...
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Balllsy View Post
                  How quickly do the wheels ware down Lyndon ?
                  I did both sides of my truck and probably used about 70% of the wheel.

Keep the wheel going as slow as possible. It just rubs the decal off by gripping it and pulling it off as it turns. Spinning the wheel fast didnt seem to get the decal off any quicker. I did leave a few scuff marks on mine, it's easy to go too fast with the drill.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Yep, about 50% left of the wheel after two sides, so good value really. It occasionally looked like there were marks left but solvent soon got them off.

Considering 16 years on the truck, you are hard pressed to see where they were!

Comment

Cheers both

Comment

Working...
                      X