No announcement yet.

Dodgy handling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels for the surf are cheap second hand, assuming yours aren't the right width. I would get standard 2nd gen wheels then the 265/70r15s to fit them. This would make a world of difference.

Also f1 use pirelli.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
      Wheels for the surf are cheap second hand, assuming yours aren't the right width. I would get standard 2nd gen wheels then the 265/70r15s to fit them. This would make a world of difference.

Also f1 use pirelli.
      I have a set of standard wheels for sale providing the buyer rubs down my new ones
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
        I have a set of standard wheels for sale providing the buyer rubs me one out

Comment

Originally posted by davef2901 View Post
          Well actually, you are offensive! No offence meant. The car is fitted with Bridgestones, the current tyre for F1, I assume then they must be decent tyres. My bike is fitted with Michelin, my wife's MG is fitted with Continental, is that a clear enough point? The other point is that the car is worth about £1200 tops, is it worth spending £550 on "decent" tyres? Now if a Land Rover newcomer had asked this question,I would give chapter and verse, but as I know f*** all about Surfs, I was asking, politely, if more experienced owners had the same experiences as me, before I start pouring money into a money pit. Rant over.
          Shock absorbers-are Toyota's originals worth the extra for a useful switch in a fight(hard)? Or does anyone have suggestions? Thank you
          What difference is a brand name if they are as you say "well past their best, actually starting to perish" ?

Like I said, I meant no offence merely pointing out, as you said you couldn't afford a not very expensive tyre, that you might want to consider a vehicle with smaller tyres, which you could afford to replace as and when required.

Originally posted by davef2901 View Post
          are the Bridgestones just shagged? TBH they look well past their best, actually starting to perish so god knows how old they are.

Comment

@muddle

have you changed your name to Juaquin Mehoff perchance?
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X