micron size of a jay cloth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• micron size of a jay cloth?

does anyone know, i have found a wvo supplier pay £4 for 5 gallons, so cant afford not to use it, will be looking at 40%wvo to 60%diesel.

thinking of cheap filtering methods, but i started off folding a jay cloth in half over the neck od a 5ltr bottle which then goes to a single layer j cloth.

but am wondering, roughly what micron would it be filtered down to like this? is it worth settling it like that then running it through a 5 micron, or as im using a high diesel mix will it be okay after settling?
    well, that was a bad idea!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VEG-OIL-WV...ht_1223wt_1397

nearly as cheap as a box of j cloths
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

get jay cloths free;D

Comment

For used oil i'd let it settle for about a week, then filter through a pair of greenteam filters, first one with a 10 micron element and a final with 5 micron element, if you have a regular reliable supply then its worth buying these filters and a couple of large cans and plumb it up properly (i used a pair of those blue mango chutney barrels i got from an indian resturant, they hold about 10 - 15 lts

ment to add filtering it through cloths etc is a right pain and you cant help ending up in a sticky mess and it takes forever
        Attached Files
        Last edited by POPEYE; 13 August 2012, 18:44.
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

heat it to 40'c then filter through an old pair of jeans.
          apparently jeans and j cloth are about 40 micron .
          Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

i have heard about heating it up but to my mind you aint saveing much if you have to use gas or electric to heat it, sort of defeats the object a bit! whichever way you filter thin it a bit with white spirits, petrol or atf, i used to do that even with a 50/50 mix, saves worring about a blown ip gasket
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

tried getting tubs like that but can't seem to find any, plus dont have much space so doing about 10ltr at a time, filtering that is then leaving the filtered tubs to settle before mixing in either petrol or white spirit.

Comment

Sounds about time for a wise man to start collecting fuel system components ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

got some nice tubs now with taps on the so i can filter it to 5 then 1 micron. should all be good then. already have spare fuel filters.

Comment

Always filter your oil cold or at ambient temperatures. If you filter it warm there is a danger that fats or whites will melt, pass through the filters then solidify when cool. This can block your car fuel filter and fuel lines. It is better to filter using filters with known micron sizes. I have been at this for 10 years and yet to have had a problem, but I do filter my oil down to 1 micron and make sure it is water free. I use sock filters to do this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1307404267...#ht_1443wt_932

I have admit I have a vested interest here as I sell bucket, barrel and sock filters on eBay as well as heat exchangers.

Comment

god dam filtering it takes so long!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X