Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for WVO users!!

Hello all,
    My wife has just started working at a local retaurant,and has secured a supply of WVO.
    It's use here is not allowed,so my question is if i mix a smaller quantity with regular diesel,will you still be able to smell it in the exhaust?

Cheers

Mark

Yes I think you'd still smell it. I mix it with diesel to about 50/50 and the smell is quite obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by oneidadan View Post
      Yes I think you'd still smell it. I mix it with diesel to about 50/50 and the smell is quite obvious.
      Thanks!

I was thinking maybe 15 ltr in a full tank.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you would smell it. Also, im not sure it's worth doing with that concentration. I've used for years with no issues but I've always balanced potential issues with fuel pump, injectors etc against the money I save in diesel. That concentration wouldn't be enough of a saving to be worth it.

Can post it to me if you like

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
          I'm pretty sure you would smell it. Also, im not sure it's worth doing with that concentration. I've used for years with no issues but I've always balanced potential issues with fuel pump, injectors etc against the money I save in diesel. That concentration wouldn't be enough of a saving to be worth it.

Can post it to me if you like
          Hmm!!

Thats a fair point.
          If I don't use it I'll be sure to post it over!!!!!

Comment

Even a small amount added to the tank makes it smell, why dont the French allow it's use (even more scared of loosing out on revenue than our government?)
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              Even a small amount added to the tank makes it smell, why dont the French allow it's use (even more scared of loosing out on revenue than our government?)
              Exactly that!!

The only good thing is I can blag it by saying I'm on a tank of "bio-diesel" that I filled up with when I was in England.

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
                Exactly that!!

The only good thing is I can blag it by saying I'm on a tank of "bio-diesel" that I filled up with when I was in England.
                Tell em you always add a little Castrol "R" to help lubricate the injectors and upper cylinder!! that should baffel em,

if you do use old WVO make sure to filter it very well and dont go overboard with the mix unless your useing pre heaters etc, you can always thin it a bit with unleaded, white spirits or auto trans fluid (the latter being a good cleaner on the fuel system)
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                X