The French MOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The French MOT

My mate has lent me a Golf GTI whilst my truck is off the road,only thing is,my mate says,it needs a new ticket! OK I said I'll get it booked in.
    So yesterday I dropped the car off,and went for a cola at the bar around the corner.Got back about an hour later,and the guy says "ahh,the Golf,come with me" He puts on a pair of gloves and grabs the rear wheel,and moves if back and forth about 10mm.The trailing arm bushes are shot.he then tells me the wipers are finished,the reflectors in the headlamps are starting to rot.
    Ok so I need to do a bit of work on it then. No says the guy it's passed!!!
    Off I drive with a 2 year certificate of roadworthyness

Regards

Mark

Guess they aint as strict as us then, bet theres a few here that would love a tester like him
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      Guess they aint as strict as us then, bet theres a few here that would love a tester like him
      I've never had a car fail yet!!

Comment

Serbian MOT....Go down to the garage...drink a beer or two....couple of whiskeys....Ask how the family are etc....get MOT.

I don't know if you actually have to go down there in the vehicle to be tested.
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Australian MOT:

Just go down the centre (by train or bus if you wish) before 4:30pm close and pay the $200 for the six months or $400 for 12 months. I did mine after work yesterday, as I'm the new owner I had to visit the centre. Everyone else just does it online.

Don't let it lapse or else you need to book the car into "the pits" to have it inspected.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I like the Serbian way best

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
              Serbian MOT....Go down to the garage...drink a beer or two....couple of whiskeys....Ask how the family are etc....get MOT.

I don't know if you actually have to go down there in the vehicle to be tested.
              That just makes life sound better
              Still Can't believe I own a Hilux

Comment

Sadly no longer in business but we had a local garage round our way and if you turned up early on a Sunday morning when the tester was hung over, the MOT consisted of "What does it go like? What does it stop like?" He'd then kick the tyres, knock 200 miles off the oddmeter and write out a cert.

Now I'm old and boring I think it's scandalous, back then he was a hero helping me keep my scabby old Capri on the road.

Comment

Mot

Just got back from a fortnight in Brittany and 90% of the cars did seem like they could be in need of some TLC.
                  Best one was (I don't know how true this is) My mate who lives in France was explaining to me about the small 2 cylinder motors that some people drive. If you get done for being over the limit you are allowed to drive a certain type of car, as it happened the car we were talking about was being driven by an old French farmer who downed a few glasses of Red before driving to the next bar !
                  All the best

Comment

Originally posted by frontman View Post
                    Just got back from a fortnight in Brittany and 90% of the cars did seem like they could be in need of some TLC.
                    Best one was (I don't know how true this is) My mate who lives in France was explaining to me about the small 2 cylinder motors that some people drive. If you get done for being over the limit you are allowed to drive a certain type of car, as it happened the car we were talking about was being driven by an old French farmer who downed a few glasses of Red before driving to the next bar !
                    Totally true!

It's known as a "sans permis" which means without licence. The insur
                    ance is very expensive.The top speed is 50 KPH,and they are a major PIA if you get stuck behind one.They are made by a company called Axiom.

Heres one here up for sale:-
                    http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/356708492.htm?ca=14_s

Regards

Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X