Kingpin Tyres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingpin Tyres?

after doing a bit of looking on Google and here I found they are not the best quality; but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? On and off the road.

The reason I ask is because I am looking for some bigger wheels, I only have the skinny 215's on mine, I found some almost new Kingpin M/T's on fairly tidy Shogun alloys. The guy only wants £180 for them so I was wondering if it was worth it?

Originally posted by Rob5464 View Post
    after doing a bit of looking on Google and here I found they are not the best quality; but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? On and off the road.

The reason I ask is because I am looking for some bigger wheels, I only have the skinny 215's on mine, I found some almost new Kingpin M/T's on fairly tidy Shogun alloys. The guy only wants £180 for them so I was wondering if it was worth it?
    will you be using them off road or mainly on road ?

bimbling around or high(relative) speed touring.
    too many variables to consider and do you know the tyres history? and the original tyres before it became a remould.

IMHO for off road use I would be happy (ish) with them
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Mainly for road as its my daily driver. I do a mix of fast and urban driving. In fact what are M/T's like for this in general?

They have sold already, but thanks for your advice I am still looking for some others.

Comment

Most M/T's as the name implies are designed to provide better traction in mud ,the design generally does not stop at the tread blocks but will also allow for differences in the tyre wall to permit running lower air pressure.

In the typical slow off road driving conditions of wet and mud and soft ground the tread blocks can cut into the surface giving grip.
        However braking for the fast approaching roundabout off the motorway slip road in the wet the blocks have no surface to grip to and braking distances will be a lot longer.I doubt if siping has reached kingpin remoulds.

Fast driving and M/T's will make for interesting driving .
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Mainly for road as its my daily driver. I do a mix of fast and urban driving. In fact what are M/T's like for this in general?

They have sold already, but thanks for your advice I am still looking for some others.
          I'd get A/T's, M/T's on a daily driver are a bit of a waste, they are noisy, wear out quickly and pretty poor handling on a wet road. unless you spend proper money on something like new BFG's M/T's but even they still wear quicker than most A/T's.

Decent A/T's are perfectly good for occasional or even regular normal offroading.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I found the Hilux was really good on dry or hard ground but when it gets a bit muddy or boggy its stuck straight away which is why I was thinking M/T's. However I value road traction a lot too so I will got for A/T's.

Speaking of which I was up Hebden Bridge moors a few weeks ago fairly late at night, Tried to turn around on some grass at the side of the road, it turned out to be a mossy crème brulee and I quickly found myself sinking. Jacking the car up was futile was the car stayed where it was and the jack just disappeared into the ground. To add insult to injury my traction mats, bridges and additional jack were at home.

As I had no signal I slept in the car and then waited for someone to come past in a Landrover in the morning which was quite awkward.

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1109308560...#ht_500wt_1414
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Bargin. upset I missed out on those!

Comment

Tyres

I run Hankook Dynapro MT and they are great off the road and great on the road and no where near as noisy as the cheaper alternatives.

Comment

Working...
                  X