No announcement yet.

Where do I start!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the advice guys! I'm gonna have a look at a pay n play in the next couple of weekends.

Do i need to acquire some snatch cables and install a sub guard before i set out?

Comment

Originally posted by Svenb View Post
      Thanks for all the advice guys! I'm gonna have a look at a pay n play in the next couple of weekends.

Do i need to acquire some snatch cables and install a sub guard before i set out?
      Pay n play sites you probably won't need anything too extreme ,however it might be a good idea to take enough tools to change a wheel.
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Take off the bullbar (probably get damaged anyway) they go for decent money now that you can't buy them in the shops anymore.
        Lose the spots, they are making your radiator work harder than it needs to and again, will probably get broken.

Do a bit of reading about off road safety, realise that simple situations can turn into fatal ones if the wrong decisions are made.

Get some instruction from an experienced driver on hill ascent and descent techniques.

Understand and get a demonstration on proper recovery techniques. A lot of needless injuries occur because of a lack of knowledge and safety awareness.

Make sure your truck is up to the job, good recovery points that won't break are critical.
        Last edited by KERRSURF; 8 August 2012, 20:54.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

and keep your thumbs on the outside of the steering wheel when off roading - if the wheel turns fast and hard becasue you catch a boulder, tree, rut, etc, your thumb will cop a right nasty bash......
          If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Working...
          X