yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need some v8 knowledge please, hint hint vince :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some v8 knowledge please, hint hint vince :)

Hello again all from the other side of the world

Got a new toy this week as a "cough" sensible "cough" daily driver

Got to say I absoutley love it, its so comfy and easy to drive, dont worry I still have the surf shes just downgrading to a weekend toy as its too modifyed to be a daily runner now .

The only problem im having is that is has a stupid amount of power when its cold and its way to easy to get the back end to slide out on me and then accelerate to 100kmh (60mph) in no time at all, BUT....... when its fully heated it becomes a bit of a slug which is the complete opposite of the 2.8 turbo diesel that dosent move till its hot.

Any of you lexurfers have a similar problem?
    Going to replace the HT leads and spark plugs soon but its too much of a power loss to be this and it doesent miss fire.

Think I have gotten lazy with the old diesels that only need fuel and they are off and have forgotten all about petrol engines and how to fix them, let alone its the first v8 I have owned.

Long story short, who knows more about the 1uz than me and why shes a slug when warmed up (well slug that still peels tyres just not as well as when engines cold)
    Attached Files
    Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Ah ha, after some extensive internet digging I may have a possible answer.
    the soarers have a computer that controls the fuel pump sending it 12volt when cold and cuts back to 9volt when the engines warmed and not under load, im thinking its buggered and not sensing when my foots down and not flicking back up to 12volt as its fine when cold but struggles when its warmed up and under 4k rpm.

This is also seemingly a rather common fault with the soarers too so heres hoping it runs better when I bypass the computer.

probbly wouldnt have been able to get all your help as you wouldn't have the computer in the lexurfs.

And dam I wish there was a forum as good as this one for the soarers

Comment

Most likely culprit is the EFI coolant temp sensor.
      The green sensor on the water bridge behind the driver's side ignition coil.
      It senses coolant temperature to basically, either switch off the cold start injector when the engine warms up, or to lean off the fuel mixture depending on what year the engine is.
      Try unplugging it first to see if there's any change in performance when the engine is up to temp, if not then it's probably faulty.

The fuel pump computer just regulates the pump speed by cutting the voltage when the engine is idling, then switches over to full voltage when it gets a signal from the TPS, telling it that you've 'got your foot down'.

Some Soarer forums here.......
      http://soarercentral.com/cgi-bin/sc-forum/discus.cgi
      http://www.soarerworld.com/
      http://www.jkwebdesign.net/lsocbb/

Comment

you genius I think you hit the nail right in the head, off to order a new sensor now. If you ever come to New Zealand I owe you a beer or two good sir

And now Im also LOVING this motor so much that if I ever wreck the soarer I HAVE to put the v8 in the surf, now I see why you all do it, such a good strong motor with a glorious exhaust note with the right exhaust system

Comment

Working...
        X