Keep getting pipped at the post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep getting pipped at the post

For the last 10 months now I have been trying to buy one of the Sony double din radio's off E bay as I think it is just right for the motor and I am fed up now with radio two fading in and out. 4 times now I have been pipped at the post and I am beginning to think there is some fiddle if the price is not high enough.

Anyone know where I can just go and buy one

Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Sorry, not a fiddle though! I thought it'd be just about perfect for my surf as well, when I finally get it back from the repairers..... try here though, priced from £350
    Last edited by dazzo23; 22 August 2004, 11:08. Reason: added hyperlink

Comment

Originally posted by Malenibo
      For the last 10 months now I have been trying to buy one of the Sony double din radio's off E bay as I think it is just right for the motor and I am fed up now with radio two fading in and out. 4 times now I have been pipped at the post and I am beginning to think there is some fiddle if the price is not high enough.

You might be able to get one from Hendon Car Stereo. It's a good unit by the way, got one in Mine. Supports amps, wired remote, CD stacker etc.

Cheers

Comment

The WXC570R has been obsolete for a few months now so you should get a mega discount if you can find one in ICE shop. If you're going to buy one on Ebay make sure you get the TOYOTA wiring adapter with it because its unique to Sony head units and costs around £30 to by from a Sony dealer. It's also nice to have the security cover thing that disguises the stereo when youre not using it and the RM4X Remote Commander coz the controls on the unit arent that easy to adjust when youre driving.

The going rate for a 'new' WXC570R, new meaning ripped out of an unsold car when Toyota GB dropped the model earlier this year, is around £100.00

Comment

Originally posted by Elvz
          The WXC570R has been obsolete for a few months now so you should get a mega discount if you can find one in ICE shop. If you're going to buy one on Ebay make sure you get the TOYOTA wiring adapter with it because its unique to Sony head units and costs around £30 to by from a Sony dealer. It's also nice to have the security cover thing that disguises the stereo when youre not using it and the RM4X Remote Commander coz the controls on the unit arent that easy to adjust when youre driving.

The going rate for a 'new' WXC570R, new meaning ripped out of an unsold car when Toyota GB dropped the model earlier this year, is around £100.00
          Actually My WX C570R came with standard DIN connectors on it. Just plugged it in the Toyota to DIN adapter and away it goes. The RM4X remote is still available and runs to about £24. The Amp outputs use standard RCA outputs and it also has an input for telephone mute if you have a phone car kit.

Cheers

Comment

Sony head units come with one wiring harness adaptor (dealer supplied: choice from ISO/Toyota/Nissan-Mazda) As Lucky says it should have a mute connection (a light blue wire) for mobile phones but the Toyota wiring supplied with the ones I bought didnt have it.

These pics are of one of the stereo in one of my fleet hacks that just happened to be sitting outside today.....

Psst! Malinebo you have a personal message from me......
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Elvz; 22 August 2004, 20:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Malenibo

Not a fiddle. A guy at work was telling me about a piece of software- I think he said stinger- that you can use instead of their proxy bidding option. Apparantly it bids on your behalf like lightening and gives you a better chance. Mind you there will be no advantage once everyone is using it.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                Not a fiddle. A guy at work was telling me about a piece of software- I think he said stinger- that you can use instead of their proxy bidding option. Apparantly it bids on your behalf like lightening and gives you a better chance. Mind you there will be no advantage once everyone is using it.
                one way's to be found here
                Doesn't guarantee you a win but shortens the odds somewhat, not that I've ever used it meeself y'r honour 10 days free trial then you pay for future "snipes".

Comment

This looks like a scam to me. I really dont think you should disclose your Ebay password to anyone. Even Ebay wouldn't ask you for it except to log into their site.

Comment

http://www.justsnipe.com is free up to 5 shots a week.

Relax, if you find it hard to trust snipers with your password just create yourself special account for the very purpose of sharp shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by v0n
                      http://www.justsnipe.com is free up to 5 shots a week.

Relax, if you find it hard to trust snipers with your password just create yourself special account for the very purpose of sharp shooting.
                      Or change your ebay password after you've used a sniper service

Comment

Working...
                      X