tyre wall circular crack BFG A/T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyre wall circular crack BFG A/T

Just a little concerned thought I'd post this up.
    I've just been washing the truck and dressing the tyre walls ( girly I know)
    Noticed on one tyre a very thin single circular crack all the way around the wall.
    I use armourall dressing and have done for 20 odd years without problem.
    I bought these BFG A/T about 20 months ago and have done about 14,000 miles. Never been ran flat,curbed,punctured,off road or put in any enviroment to mechanically damage the tyre. only one tyre showing crack from sdet of 5.
    these tyres were a replacement to my last set of BFGs which lasted over 6 years without concern.
    Is this possibly a design fault/dodgy tyre. Or have they been stored for a long time prior to me buying them??
    I'm tempted to replace it or am I been a tad over cautious?
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Is it a deep cut or just a small circular crack? Have you got the tyres mounted white lettering to the outside? It could be the whitewall from underneath, showing through. Do you have an pic?

Comment

Cant remember the finer details offhand ( google is your friend ) but all tyres have manufacturer dates ( month / year ) on them you just need to read up on how to find and interpret this. That way at least youll know if youve bought a prehistoric tyre.
      Сви можемо

Comment

Hi mate,

Look here, made in week 28 2009.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/m.../tyre%20dates/

Hope this helps.

Gman.
        If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

I don't think you can be over cautious with tyres.

The BFGs have a thick sidewall though. I think it's triple ply?
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

hers's some poor quality photos from my new mobile, but you can see the crack - it continues as a single crack around whole tyre.
            They were made week 34 2010 - so practically hot of the press when i bought them.
            Attached Files
            Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
              hers's some poor quality photos from my new mobile, but you can see the crack - it continues as a single crack around whole tyre.
              They were made week 34 2010 - so practically hot of the press when i bought them.
              It looks like the whitewall, beneath the sidewall. As a safety precaution, I'd go back to where you bought them, make a bit of a fuss and see if you get anywhere. I had some Bridgestones do the same thing but they lasted right through to the last 2mm without issue but the 'cut' was very shallow, so I was able to keep an eye on them....

Comment

Working...
              X