Exploring UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploring UK

I have some free time,while going for business in the UK,in August..i need advice.
    The plan is to buy a surf,explore the UK for 3 weeks, and then ship it to africa.
    Now, what are the paperwork involved?can i drive it still registered in the PO's name, before shipping?
    How are the camping places there?What are the cost involved?
    omg, the same questions guys ask when visiting Namibia,hahahaha
    Thanks!
    Ps,..this have nothing to do with the B2 thread...

As long as the V5 is signed into your name then there's no problem as long as you got tax,mot and insurance on it.
    The camping will depend on where abouts over here you are going to be travelling.I live right down the bottom of England not far from Lands End and camping is plentiful down here.I may be able to see my uncle and ask if you can camp in one of his fields for a couple of days if you were down this end
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If you buy an inflatable matress you can sleep in the back of the truck, saves the hassle of pitching a tent, it's nice and comfortable and stays warm.

An AA road map will show you all the camp sites in the UK as well.

Comment

Thanks Guys,
        i'm reading as much as i can about the V5 and tax.
        Yea, sleeping in the truck is an option,..or lodging.

Comment

As soon as you know what parts of the UK you are going to be travelling in and wanting to stop over in we can help sort some places out for you
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

What Western Union offices are you visiting?
            Brian

Comment

Will you be wanting a 2nd or 3rd Gen Surf? If 3rd gen you can buy mine and I will deliver it personally to Malawi if you pay for the fuel! LOL!

Comment

Thanks guys!
                hahaha, i'll be changing money at the airport..
                I will surely take your offer on, for meeting up.As the planning is now, i'll be in the uk from the 13th August. till 25th,ten days that is.
                Surf01, is yours for sale? hmm, i'll have a look now...but, sorry, i'll be the one driving it down!!..but you are welcome to join!
                Now to find a Surf!

Comment

Your biggest issue would be getting insurance at a reasonable rate which is the only reason we are considering selling ours which is a 1996 3rd Gen plus the fact we just had it fitted with BFGs. If we had to sell, we would go for a Series 80 LC.

Comment

Working...
                  X