going it alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going it alone

OK, I have decided to import one myself. I have found what appears to be a reputable company in Japan and I can get a mint '93 2.4 SSR-G for £4k door to door all taxes/shipping paid. Wish me luck and I shall let you know how I get on. (thats if you are interested) If anyone has any horror stories or advice that they would like to impart then it would be greatfully recieved. Especially how it all works our end at the port and dealing with customs, changing fuel fillers, etc.

Cheers
    Steve

Originally posted by cheezygrinon
    OK, I have decided to import one myself. I have found what appears to be a reputable company in Japan and I can get a mint '93 2.4 SSR-G for £4k door to door all taxes/shipping paid. Wish me luck and I shall let you know how I get on. (thats if you are interested) If anyone has any horror stories or advice that they would like to impart then it would be greatfully recieved. Especially how it all works our end at the port and dealing with customs, changing fuel fillers, etc.

Cheers
    Steve
    isnt that a lot for a k reg motor??
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
      i paid 5k for my '91
      [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
        hope its worth the wait, where did my last post go
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

I paid £5995 for a J Reg 2.4D SSR-X. When I'm ready for a 3.0L Petrol I shall consider the same route.
          Good luck and keep us posted.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            I paid £5995 for a J Reg 2.4D SSR-X. When I'm ready for a 3.0L Petrol I shall consider the same route.
            Good luck and keep us posted.
            3.0 petrol
            [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
            [size=5][/size]
            [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by cheezygrinon
              OK, I have decided to import one myself. I have found what appears to be a reputable company in Japan and I can get a mint '93 2.4 SSR-G for £4k door to door all taxes/shipping paid.
              Why bother- this guy has mint cars for £3600 and does the hard work for you?

http://www.autoadvan.co.uk/4x4_jeep.htm

The same cars are also on e-bay incidentally.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2435847628

So if you really wanted one, get the asking price off his web site, underbid on e-bay by a few hundred squid and bob's-yer-uncle you get a Surf imported from Japan for £3000.

PS I haven't got the spare cash or balls to do this myself- I like to SEE a car I'm buying!

Comment

The rear springs are shot on the e-bay one by the way! Gonna cost ya all of £80 to fix it!

Mind you could just be the spare set of wheels and tyres in the boot- bargain!!
                Attached Files

Comment

is it worth the hassle ??

is it really worth all the bother of importing yourself, dont know what your gonna get. I got a 95 ssr-x LTD 3.0tdi auto with 12 mths mot, 6 mths tax and a warranty for 6200. fountain gararge new brighton, good bloke there called Nick. no pressure sales and threw me the keys to any car for a good test drive. even took my old peug 406 in p/x

steve
                  Dave ssrx 3.0td Ltd auto Gen2

Comment

I paid £4.5k for a 94 3.0td ssr-g limited from an importer in Dublin. It included the UK SVA which he said cost him about 500 but I doubt it. I reckon it cost me another £250 to get it on the road including new belts etc, regitration fees and first MOT.

By all accounts he made at least 1k on the deal
                    '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

Working...
                    X