Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of selling my Surf

Hi All,

I'm thinking of selling my Surf and buying a "normal" car!

It's been a great car but I don't use it off road as there is no where and no one near me to take it out

Talk me out of it!

I've fitted a snorkel, Mud 33's, a winch, diff breathers etc and I use it to go back and forwards to work - hardly proper use!

What do you guy's think, should it stay or should it go?
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Sell it .......... And buy a standard 3rd Gen
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Hmmm.. take up hairdressing?

Comment

If I may solicit my opinion ?

You may well need a change of vehicle for your daily commute perhaps have a look at any of the euroboxes or an Aldi TT and use your Surf for high days and holidays,unfortunately you will have to travel for any off road experience have a look at Northolt 4x4 Centre or http://www.4x4-withoutaclub.co.uk/

Surely their must be some people in your area that you could get together with to organise a trip out?

But keep your truck unless you are going to buy a better one.
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Put some really skinny road tyres on like I have just done,looks like crap,but it feels like a sports car and runs on air,I actually drove past a petrol station today and not turned in to it
          Not going to rest till its broke

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
            have a look at Northolt 4x4 Centre or http://www.4x4-withoutaclub.co.uk/

Surely their must be some people in your area that you could get together with to organise a trip out?

But keep your truck unless you are going to buy a better one.
            The Northolt place isn't a 4x4 centre they just run 'experience' days out of there, I've tried.

I'm thinking of the second car option.

Comment

Don't do it lee you will miss your truck. I'm planning to go up to whaddon 4x4 up in Milton Keynes in the next few weeks or even a days green lanning if your up for it ?
              Always up to my neck in it

Comment

Originally posted by ezza24 View Post
                Don't do it lee you will miss your truck. I'm planning to go up to whaddon 4x4 up in Milton Keynes in the next few weeks or even a days green lanning if your up for it ?
                I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks, so won't be going anywhere before then, can't afford to fix it until after the hols! after that I'll be up for a bit of laning

Comment

Ok have a nice holiday I just put a tread up about going to whaddon 4x4 so see if we can get a group of us to go
                  Always up to my neck in it

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                    Hmmm.. take up hairdressing?
                    I've got two and you look more like a hairdresser than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      I've got two and you look more like a hairdresser than I do.
                      Now I am wondering just how much he looks like a girl/pansy
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                        Now I am wondering just how much he looks like a girl/pansy
                        This much - but the gut has now gone as I've started to get fit again and lost 3st

Comment

Working...
                        X