Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon to be new owner

Hi all,

Been lurking on the boards for a few months now, reading, reading, looking at pics, reading..... Very good responses and a great community

Anyway, after initially seeing a Surf back in May and being told how sexy they look by my girlfriend and how the Ridgeback would have loads of space in the back for when she moves in.... I bought one!

The beast is on the way from Japan courtesy of Algy's Autos, who have been very helpful explaining about costs and I have opted to use their scheme where I am importing it myself.

It's an N reg, 3.0 SSR-X Ltd Edition, black over silver. Looks great from the pics and sounded very tidy from the engineer's report, only 58000 miles too.

I am selling my 330Ci and am already practicing how to take corners in a more relaxed style! Having been spoilt by all the gadgets on the Beemer, I am intending to fit rear parking sensors, just wondered if anyone else has done this?

Looking forward to chatting and getting dirty with you all over the coming years

Welcome to the world of Surfs.
    I'm glad to see that you have gone fror the right colour scheme - black over silver!!!
    As for the parking sensors, you won't need them as the SSR-X limited should have a rear view mirror that drops out of the rear spoiler and lets you see exactly what is behind you!
    Keith

Comment

The audio sensor on mine is good but quiet. I back up slowly until i hear a crunch (audio warning) then bugger off sharpish.

The faster I reverse the louder the warning crunch sound.

Thank heaven for a tow bracket.

LOL
      Fish
      If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

The rear mounted spare makes a great reversing aid. Just back up until you hear the crunch, pull forward a couple of foot and apply handbrake. Simple. Same applies for front parking if bull bars fitted.
        Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Carrot Cruncher...

@Monkeeboiwes

Yip! Am In Ipswich also, and am looking to get myself a surf!

Have a lexus is200, and despite being able to through it round suffolk's bends like a demon possessed, I'm bored (and skint) so am selling, and have always wanted a surf!

Let me know when you get it. Would be curious so know what you had to go through to get yours imported also!

Shame they don't do RHD in the states: http://www.toyota.com/4runner/

Comment

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your purchase, for rear parking sensors drop Hormygollop (Keith) a PM he supplies them.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

It seems like eons ago that I was posting, full of excitement that I had gotten a Surf.

Well, after mostly SVA delays, it is now ready It is 05:45 and I am about to leave Ipswich to head to Bristol and pick it up. If anyone sees a thundering black monster (N366 MPV) after 10 ish heading East on the M4, well that will be a very happy lil ole moi

Will post some pics and stuff about the importer when I get back...WOOHOO!!

Comment

"I'm glad to see that you have gone fror the right colour scheme - black over silver!!!
                As for the parking sensors, you won't need them as the SSR-X limited should have a rear view mirror that drops out of the rear spoiler and lets you see exactly what is behind you!"

I have a SSR-X (not sure if it's limited, but it is sexy black & silver!!) but it does have rear spoiler. Don't know anything about a drop down mirror????

Also the beeping when I reverse...is it for a reason?? doesn't speed up or anything when nearly touching my garage, so presumed it wasn't a sensor of any kind.

Thanks

Comment

my girlfriend has a little drive of my surf tonight in the dark... mistake - she thought that the reversing beeper could be heard from outside too so when she reversed and turned she hit my leg with the wheel!
                  Luckily she had almost stopped but she said "why couldnt you hear me reversing???"

women
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

If you look at the reflection in the left side rear window when you're reversing at night you can see most of the area immediately behind the car and below the tailgate. If you use brighter bulbs in the reversing lights you get a very clear reflection.

Comment

Hi and welcome to surfizum (an izum is better than an oligy).There are many surfs in Ipswich most of which have been sumo'd but never flashed or waved in reply or visited here (dont know why). Perhaps its because they dont know what a 1st gen (the grandaddy of all surfs looks like). So here is a piccy for future reference,and if you come to felixstowe,just drive down St Andrews road stop and knock on the door and I will put the kettle on.

I cant find any piccies of my surf when she is clean I wonder why??????????

Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:22.
                      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeeboiwes
                        Anyway, after initially seeing a Surf back in May and being told how sexy they look by my girlfriend and how the Ridgeback would have loads of space in the back for when she moves in.... I bought one!
                        with a surf you have room for TWO ridgebacks
                        Attached Files

Comment

@Dazzon

OMG Dazzo you beat me to it! Your a RR owner tooo?!

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeeboiwes
                            OMG Dazzo you beat me to it! Your a RR owner tooo?!
                            Yep, got two RR girls, brilliant dogs! one is 14 months & the other is 7 months, strangely enough the 7 month old is slightly bigger than the older one . Have a look here for a MSN group my wife is a member of, look for her user name "Hypermunchkin". All the best, Duncan

Comment

Working...
                            X