yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way of resurecting old classifieds threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way of resurecting old classifieds threads?

- NOW SOLD -

As some of you know after many years of Surf ownership I am regretfully selling my 3.0 Surf:
    • 1995 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-X 3.0 Litre Turbo Diesel.
    • Automatic Gearbox with ECT Power and overdrive off options (for towing etc).
    • Part-time 4 Wheel Drive with high and low ratio options.
    • About 98,000 miles (shows equivalent kilometres)
    • MOT until end of August 2008
    • Taxed until end of Jan 2008

£2500.

Good condition for the age, some marks/scratches inside and out and a small dent in the rear chrome bumper which has caused some rust to the bumper. Mechanically sound, recently serviced, along with new exhaust and new front ball-joints. Well loved and looked after, this truck has never ever let me down. All paperwork/history present.

The last two pics show a custom-built rear cargo box that has two sliding drawers and other panels for storage of tools/equipment etc. Can be removed from vehicle if not wanted. (note the pics show the cargo-box in my first Surf not the current one I am selling).

Features:
    • Chrome front A-bar.
    • Custom rear cargo-box.
    • 2 in-bumper rear foglights.
    • 3rd LED brakelight
    • MP3 Compatible Pioneer CD headunit with MP3/iPod aux-in cable.
    • Nice wheels.
    • Category 1 Alarm/Immboiliser
    • Electric Windows all round.
    • Kumho Mud-Terrain tyres.
    • 2" lift kit (springs and shocks) and 2" rear spring spacers to stop the rear sag that is common on Surfs.
    • 2 Very expensive Optima deep-cycle batteries.
    • Clear side indicators
    • Clear front indicators with chrome bulbs.
    • Always-on aux power socket in the rear (useful for charging or electric coolbox etc).
    • Second switch in rear to raise/lower the rear window even with ignition off (useful if you ever sleep in the back).
    • Internal tow-bar electrics and cable (cable can be fed outside to trailer etc).

Complete with:
    • User manual.
    • Haynes workshop manual (not specifically for this model Surf but a lot of useful info).
    • Full set of spare belts (air-con/alternator/power steering).
    • Paperwork/Service History.
    • Towing light-bar.

Note: This does NOT have a tow bar fitted.

Cash on collection only. I would welcome people to come and have a look and take a test drive etc. I can probably be available in the Reading/Basingstoke area weekdays or weekend. No swaps or part-exchanges, thanks.

Any questions please just ask.

These first pics are not recent and I will admit that its not as shiny as in these pics but no reason it could not be with a bit of effort! These first pics are also before the suspension change (so it shows a bit of sag not there now) and some of them are before the A-Bar was fitted:

Custom cargo box with 2 drawers, and other hinged flaps for storage of tools/gear etc. Gap on the right is where I used to have an air cylinder fitted. The flap on the right could be easily extended to cover that hole and I have included some of the same carpet to use if someone wanted to do that:

(note the cargo-box pics show the cargo-box in my first Surf not the current one I am selling).

These other attached pics are all ones taken yesterday showing the outside and the inside and the extent of the slight damage and rust to the rear chrome bumper:
    Last edited by Koi; 28 December 2007, 15:16.
    No longer a Surf owner.

Is there any way of resurecting old classifieds threads?

My insurance company wants a bill of sale from when I bought my Surf back in December 2007.
    I bought it here from member "Codlord" this is the link to his ad: http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39225

Is there any way of digging it back up? just wondering if it might help add any weight to the insurance claim (it was nicked and burned out )
    Signature stolen along with Surf...

Comment

Linky no worky Found it. Hope that helps
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto View Post
        Linky no worky Found it. Hope that helps
        Bugga!!
        You beat me to it.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Guys, you're awesome, thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by corsetts View Post
            Guys, you're awesome, thanks very much
            Hey, Chris that's bad news. I remember that being a really nice truck. Please forgive me if this comes accross as a little bit predatory, but I have lusted after your wheels ( or similar ) for quite some time. I even have a want ad for a set, using a "Codlord" pic as an example. My question is, if the fire wasn't too bad, are the wheels still useable? If so, have you retained salvage rights, and could they be for sale? Hope I haven't offended you by asking.
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
              Hey, Chris that's bad news. I remember that being a really nice truck. Please forgive me if this comes accross as a little bit predatory, but I have lusted after your wheels ( or similar ) for quite some time. I even have a want ad for a set, using a "Codlord" pic as an example. My question is, if the fire wasn't too bad, are the wheels still useable? If so, have you retained salvage rights, and could they be for sale? Hope I haven't offended you by asking.
              Hey MWS, no problem at all.
              I'm not entirely sure how it all works, but when I enquired about searching the remains for some keys that were in there, the insurance company told me that the storage until would be unlikely to allow access but could send items on to me.

We still have no idea what state it's in but apparently the fire brigade couldn't get access to it so they let it burn out before going in with water tanks on their backs to cool the wreckage. So, I imagine that if the wheels survived, they may be untrustworthy because of the heat damage?

If it is possible then I'll certainly let you know but it's looking very unlikely. Also, bear in mind that I have no idea what it was used for whilst it was missing, I don't think I'd personally trust wheels from a stolen car but obviously that's your call if it comes to it.

Comment

Originally posted by corsetts View Post
                Hey MWS, no problem at all.
                I'm not entirely sure how it all works, but when I enquired about searching the remains for some keys that were in there, the insurance company told me that the storage until would be unlikely to allow access but could send items on to me.

We still have no idea what state it's in but apparently the fire brigade couldn't get access to it so they let it burn out before going in with water tanks on their backs to cool the wreckage. So, I imagine that if the wheels survived, they may be untrustworthy because of the heat damage?

If it is possible then I'll certainly let you know but it's looking very unlikely. Also, bear in mind that I have no idea what it was used for whilst it was missing, I don't think I'd personally trust wheels from a stolen car but obviously that's your call if it comes to it.

Many thanks, Chris. let me know how things turn out.
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
                X