Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importing used spares from Japan

Guys,
    Have any of you bought big bits from Japan and had it freighted over or got em sent over inside a vehicle that was being imported into the country?

I want a big Bull Bar, and am sick of looking for one in the UK.

Any names or phone numbers would be really apreciated.

Thnx
    Udhi

Originally posted by ChasesDragons
    Guys,
    Have any of you bought big bits from Japan and had it freighted over or got em sent over inside a vehicle that was being imported into the country?

I want a big Bull Bar, and am sick of looking for one in the UK.

Any names or phone numbers would be really apreciated.

Thnx
    Udhi
    Don't know about importing parts, but AFAIK when importing a vehicle you are not generally permitted to have any spare, unattached parts within the vehicle.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
      Don't know about importing parts, but AFAIK when importing a vehicle you are not generally permitted to have any spare, unattached parts within the vehicle.
      A friend of mine imports Mit's and Monkey bikes, so he bought a Mit's Delica and loaded 3 monkey bikes in the back, and they didn't charge any more for freight.

Comment

This is the conflicitng info I have heard - some get nobbled for sticking a wee Bull Bar in to the back of a 4x4, and others walk off with a complete superbike stored over two vehicles....

Do either of you know of cheap methods of freighting big goods from JP?

I am dying for a Big Bull Bar!

Udhi

Comment

i heard a few years back that if you take the engine out then it counts as spares not a car so the tax is less or something like that.... but that was importing cars from california
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
            Not sure about this, we were talking to a guy at the Uxbridge show, he loads all the cars he imports with wheels and spares, he's never been pulled up on it.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              Not sure about this, we were talking to a guy at the Uxbridge show, he loads all the cars he imports with wheels and spares, he's never been pulled up on it.
              I may well be wrong, but before getting this Surf, I researched importing one myself fairly extensively, and the majority of the certainly agencys stated that you could not have any spares etc in the vehicle, altough I think one or two may have said if you were importing enough cars to fill a container (as opposed to Ro-Ro) then you could stuff whatever you wished into the container.
              Now that I think about it, I've previously seen Surfs freshly landed on the docks here, with aftermarket alloys and the originals in the back, so clearly it can be done somehow, perhaps thru the container method?
              Sorry if I appear to have given duff gen...
              Maurice
              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
              X