Ironman 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironman 4x4

I went into their showroom earlier today to ask about some bits n bobs for the Surf. I asked about a lift kit and all they do for the front is replacement upgraded torsion bars, for the rear it's longer springs and slightly longer shocks all around.

The torsion bars are $300 for the set which works out about £200 ish. I asked what comes with them and they said just the bars.. I said what about the braket / clamp and bolt to adjust them and they don't sell them or supply them. I thought this was a bit odd - I've never done this job myself but am almost certain I read or heard that the factory bolt can break easily?

I had a quick look on the Roughtrax website and it doesn't mention any sundries. Am I being a knob again?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

No aftermarket torsion bars come with the other bits. These are Toyota parts only. Not needed anyway, unless you have a lot of weight up front, such as steel winchbar and winch. Even then the standard suit most.

As for their springs I just helped remove a brand new set and replace with King Springs because the Ironman sagged badly. They ended up 30mm shorter than the Kings. Same spring length, same diameter wire and same load rating.

Nev

Comment

Hi Nev,
      Thanks for your advice. I'm not running any winch or anything heavy up front, but looking at all your Ozzie Surfs and other 4x4's with them fitted (even brand new Hilux's) I'm beginning to like the look.

So it seems Ironman aren't all that then?

One of the Ironman staff recommended Snake Racing for their lift kits, which was helpful but odd
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I've got ironman torsion bars and I'm really pleased with them - I use my truck for camping and fully loaded the original bars let the front dive a bit much if braking on a hill. They don't give a harsh ride either, and match the rear uprated springs well.

Another member bought a set and ended up removing them - do a search for ironman here and you'll find the threads.

Rob.

Comment

Fitting uprated (read thicker) torsion bars will just stiffen the front end up, not what you want if you are going off road.

Comment

Working...
          X